Saturday, July 20, 2019

Saturday July 20, 2019 Nikon


SUBSCRIBE ON THE RIGHT to get this Blog sent direct to your email>>
This is working again… ??  PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.
Please see more of my artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/
******
Saturday July 20, 2019
The house was still at 29C when I went to bed so the fans were going all night and I managed to get it down to 24.3 before Cristina startede cooking, then it was all for naught.
I did the hated Saturday chores then Cristina needed us to run a puppy and 4 kittens from the Animal Park to Adiela for an adoption event.  It is a good thing that we have protection for the car because, sure enough, one kitten pooped in the cage.
We rushed to buy a few needed staples for lunch and to pay a couple of bills.
We had invited David & Irma for a BBQ at noon and we had delicious boneless pork chops, salad, corn and potatoes with Jell-o and cream for dessert.  Add some nice beers in the equation and it was a fun afternoon.  I had them in stitches reading this funny story that they had never heard:
It is still one of the funniest stories ever.
The only downer was that after our great meal I experienced some odd "lock-up" of my right hand which I was able to massage back out but it occurred a few times after that.  I had better exercise my arms even more than I already do.
Then we had a quick nap before we had to rush back to the adoption event and pick up 3 kittens.  One grey one did get adopted.  I never did find out what happened with the puppy.  We took them back to the animal park after one of them pooped in the cage again.
So today's photos, mostly in bad lighting conditions, are all with the new Nikon with the small 18-55mm lens, not much range, but I am absolutely THRILLED with it.  It is light, less than a pound, and fits easily in the hand.  The crispness, clarity and color are consistently better than anything I have had previously.  The low light shots are better than any other previous cameras, even my Sony's. They need so little adjustment that most are almost "right from the camera".  I am a happy camper so far.  We just need to solve the long lens problem with the vendor on Monday.  I fought the temptation to try the 70-300mm but I want to truthfully say that it has never been used, in case I need to sell it or return it. 
I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.
Al
******
© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 
If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.
NOTE that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.
 
 
Potential adoptees,puppy and kittens

Four kittens

Part of the Animal Park looking east

Geraldine and the puppy

Hibiscus at Adiela's

Irma & David

Dusk shot near the animal event

Really dusk shot at the Animal Park

Night shot of one of our hibiscus