Thursday, July 18, 2019

Thursday July 18, 2019 Critters


SUBSCRIBE ON THE RIGHT to get this Blog sent direct to your email>>
This is working again… ??  PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.
Please see more of my artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/
******
Thursday July 18, 2019
TheVermilion Flycatcher seemed to be serenading above my street every morning as I returned with the dogs, so today I quickly grabbed the Lumix for some bad low-light shots just before the street light went out.  When I get the new Nikon I hope to do better.
Buddy had me awake most of the night with a blocked nose and trouble breathing.  He had me quite worried as I thought he had been given a sickness at the vet's.  Cristina didn't think so,  cleaned up his nose and he is a new boy again.  Cafe is also doing much better again as long as we continue with her medications.
Grigi and Rex are probably part of the family now, they are both such sweet dogs.  Rex comes every morning for a walk and Grigi is never far away from me, especially at night.  10 dogs, who would have thought that I could put up with so many.  When they hear a cat crossing the roof, they all get pretty noisy, or when someone's at the door (that's a good deterrent), but I would have trouble parting with any one of them now.  They all have such different personalities but scraps are pretty rare and over very quickly.  But, 10 is definitely enough....
I did a lot of back yard clean-up, especially the bug zapper.  That sure catches a lot of the small furry moths which we almost never see in the house.  In fact, we see very few insects in the house, just the odd fly or fruit fly.  I tried to use the plastic bag of water hanging on the wall with coins which are supposed to be copper pennies, of which I have none...  Other coins do not work, period.  And Colombia has no copper coins.  I am glad that we get so few insects in the house because the back yard has its share, especially when the grass gets longer.
Back by the rabbit hutch there is a big yellow spider, probably 7" stretched out, who has a cosy web so I had the Lumix back there for a couple of shots.  He scared me whan an insect hit his web and he raced across to quickly eat it.  He sure can move fast with those really long legs.   I almost burst out laughing when processing the photos.  There is one shot below of this creature from below and, if you look closely, his butt-hole looks like the cartoon of a man's face, sticking out his tongue....  I kid you not...  My laugh for the day...
The plantain trees are finally shooting up some leaves so we should have plantains within a year (to Cristina's delight) if the relatives are right.
My Nikon made it to Bogota on Wednesday.  If it can make it here in 2 days from there I would be surprised, but I will be anxiously waiting.

I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.
Al
******
© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 
If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.
NOTE that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.
Start

 
Vermilion Flycatcher, before the sunrise

Very pretty songbird

Rex is a good watchdog

This guy is about 5" across, easily 7" stretched out

He zipped down here for a quick meal

His quickness surprised me

Anything that helps keep down the bug population is OK

Check out the grumpy old man butt-hole (click to enlarge)

As long as he stays outside...

Princesa and Nina are exploring

Yeah!  Plantains are growing

This is another.  We have 3.