Monday, July 8, 2019

Monday July 8, 2019 Hell


SUBSCRIBE ON THE RIGHT to get this Blog sent direct to your email>>
This is working again… ??  PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.
Please see more of my artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/
******
Monday July 8, 2019
So, what kind of day are you having?  I am having the day from hell.

We were driving into Tulua to try to get 4 major things accomplished and the traffic suddenly goes to one lane on a curve, then we see 2 ambulances, a smashed motorbike on the right shoulder and a body covered with a blue tarp.  Somebody definitely had a worse day than me.

First stop was at Bancolombia.  CIBC had confirmed the money transfer was complete and would be here in 1-3 days.  This was 3 days.  After waiting 1/2 hour they say they don't count Saturday and Sunday here.  Apparently electronic transfers don't work weekends???  News to me.  I hate Bancolombia already.

Then we go to the main office for our car insurance carrier because my policy renews at the end of the month.  My name and address have still not been corrected.  Our agent at the KIA dealership somehow works for a different Cali agent so I can't pay there.  So we sign papers to transfer to this office and then sign papers for monthly payments.  She has the correct name and address now...

Then we go to the computer place and place an order for a newer generation high-speed package with and HDMI monitor.  I also want extra 3.1 USB ports, and I want my old (fairly new) SSD hard drive installed in the new unit as primary so I save everything I have already.  I also asked for a wi-fi extender.  He said that he should have everything by afternoon and he can make the changes while we wait.  We said we would be back in the morning.  Later I get a message that the USB crap comes from Medellin so now it might be Thursday......
I tried to get him to recover another lost month's photos from that awful Seagate Slim External HardDrive.  He said he couldn't find them...

 Then we go pick up our photo cubes.  They seem to be well done, and surprisingly heavy.   I took photos of them for you but they disappeared mysteriously from the Lumix.  It's been that kind of day.

 So I get home and resolve to empty that Seagate Slim onto my main HardDrive.  Well, that's when the real fun began again with Windows Explorer taking a crap 10 times and, after 2 hours of fighting with it, corrupted the Seagate.  So now I have lost 1/2 of my 2019 photos....   Am I having fun yet?

The only good news of the day is that my Nikon camera equipment has been shipped.

Then the new adopter of Grigi brought her to us because her other dog is sick and doesn't want to be bothered by Grigi.   So, how long do we have Grigi for this time???  God only knows.  With all my problems trying to concentrate, 10 noisy dogs doesn't help matters.

Then we get invited for a late supper at Aram & Liliana's.  I am really hardly in the mood for socializing.   Cristina asks me to call and accept.  Movistar says I can't make calls...and I have this fancy monthly plan...  This is the 4th time this has happened.....   I have to call him on WhatsApp.  I hate Movistar.

I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.
Al
******
© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 
If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.
NOTE that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.

 
Testing the Lumix

Nice clean yard for a while

This is our winter temperature...