Sunday, July 7, 2019

Sunday July 7, 2019 Races


SUBSCRIBE ON THE RIGHT to get this Blog sent direct to your email>>
This is working again… ??  PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.
Please see more of my artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/
******
Sunday July 7, 2019
Lizzie was on the road at 6:45 to arrive in time at David's to first watch Moto GP followed by SuperBike.  It takes a while for me to catch on to the 20 drivers of each race but my favourite, Marc Marquez, won the Moto GP, on the same weekend agin that his brother won the Moto GP2 (different sized bikes).  This was Marquez's 10th win at this track in Germany, Sachsenring.  My second favourite here, Devosioso, came in 5th.
My favourite, Bautista, came in 3rd in the SuperBike in England at Donington Park.  My second favourite, Rea, an Englishman, won the race.  So, overall, we had a good day.
The action was pretty steady, few crashes, and a few nice overtakes.  Wolf brought in breakfast from the German restaurant and we were all happy campers.  Sorry that the Lumix shots off the TV are substandard today.
I stopped at the cemetery to see if Carlos fixed the grave as promised and, of course, he didn't .... 
I began preparations for a busy day tomoorow, 4 planned stops in the morning that need documentation and translations.  More on that tomorrow.
Cris went into Tulua to meet Adiela to go visit Uncle Raimundo at his home this time.
We didn't do a very good job of cooling down today.  It is after 5:30, it will be dark in a 1/2 hour, and it is 31.9 IN THE HOUSE...  Yes, I am feeling warm..
I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.
Al
******
© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 
If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.
NOTE that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.
Start



Moto GP is under with Marquez at the pole position

One rider wasgoing too fast for the turn, but didn't crash

They ride very close together at times

I said that silly round graphic is like looking at a TV up a dog's butt!

Marquez knows how to lean.  He is the best.

Bike and rider sliding off the track

At those speeds, they slide away for a long ways

This was pretty spectacular

It is amazing that they walk away from these

Humming the song "Slip Sliding Away"...

Almost done the long slide

Marquez is in command

Nobody can touch him today.  10th win here.

Crossing the line in style

Jumping the fence to join his fans

SuperBike is going into the first turn safely

The Turk (big long name) has the lead over Rea

Very tight racing

Rea takes the lead

Battle for 8th place

Rea is cruising home

Almost there, with the Turk close behind

Getting the checkered flag

A happy Rea

Top 10 in this race

Grave wooden border has come apart