Sunday, November 20, 2022

Sunday November 20, 2022 Sports

PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.

Older Blogs:  https://cuencaupdates.blogspot.com/ and https://cuencaresidency.blogspot.com/

Please see my best artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/

******

Sunday November 20, 2022

Our later walk was under a few stars and a sliver of the moon.  There were people about, but it was unusually quiet, only one party going on.

So I got up before 7:30am later, showered, etc to be ready to watch the season-ending Formula 1 race.  My guy, Charles LeClerc, started in 3rd position and finished 2nd with good strategy.  He also finished 2nd behind the race winner, Verstappen, in the Driver's championship, and Ferrari was behind Red Bull in the Constructor's championship.  A very good season indeed.

I hurried through chores in-between games and FaceBook was acting up again.

Then I watched Ecuador beat the host country Qatar 2-0 in the opener of the World Cup on 3 goals by the great Ener Valencia, with the first one being disallowed even though it was a thing for the highlight reels.  Ecuador is indeed a longshot to win the World Cup but looked good today against the outmatched Qatar squad.

Later, I intend to watch the Grey Cup from Canada at 6pm...

Having said all of this, "watching" is relative to the awful buffering we have to endure with our awful IPTV setup.  It shows for 5 seconds and buffers for 10, or doesn't return at all.  I missed the end of the Raptor's game last night, and the World Cup today.  I am sick and tired of spending money on crap and being mad all the time.  Should I buy the extenders that I was looking at after all, that use the whole house wiring as an antenna??

I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.

Al

******

© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 

If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.

NOTE  that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.

 

Fast pitstops are a must in F1

Hamilton was 4th but had mechanical problems

Perez could not catch my guy LeClerc

Verstappen is a machine!

Great racing, good results.

Verstappen is World Champion again.

Yes, this was Abu Dhabi

Ecuador against Qatar (in Qatar) opens the Worls Cup

That spinning circle in the center makes me crazy..