Wednesday, November 16, 2022

Wednesday November 16, 2022 IPTV

PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.

Older Blogs:  https://cuencaupdates.blogspot.com/ and https://cuencaresidency.blogspot.com/

Please see my best artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/

******

Wednesday November 16, 2022

Tuesday  morning we had rain, so no walk.

My younger brother Germain came through superbly with childhood information of our happy times at Carlyle Lake while my memory was failing me to remeber all the beaches and the street we had our cabin on.  My daughter has the "Bourassa's Summer Home" wooden plaque from around 1965 that proudly hung there and she has expressed an interest in taking a holiday trip there.  My gosh!  I haven't been there since 1966 so I imagine that everything has changed.

Adiela managed to pick us up 3 - 25 kg bags of our favored ItalCan dog food so we went in to pick them up.  We can never have too much on hand with our hungry hippos...

In the afternoon Canada's women's soccer team was playing a tune-up game vs Brazil and I did manage to get it with sporadic, coverage on the new IPTV.  We lost 2-1 but played well.

Carlos with the IPTV bunch did not show again so I was quite upset.

Then I lost the sound on my dumb TV and could not get it back, no matter what I tried...  I was planning on a trip to the TV doctor again...

Sofia came to keep Cristina company again.

This morning, it had obviously rained overnight, And faint stars were visible among the clouds.  The 4 dogs were in a hurry to get their business done this morning but we still continued for our 35 minute walk.

We heard from Huellas that they also had a supply of ItalCan so Cristina bought 2 more bags and I went to pick them up.

At 9:15am Carlos finally showed up after 4 days of promises.  It took about 1/2 hour but he got the sound back on the TV, unplugging everything else I found out that he lives in Zarzal, near Roldanillo so that explains a lot...  We sent him to get reliable extenders for the wifi to the TV's farthest from the main router.  He came back with 2 more routers and installed them and this appears to have done the trick, although I have not effectively had time to test anything yet.  

We moved Christian's old computer into the 3rd bedroom at Cristina's request and we bought a wifi plug for that and it appears to work well, says Cristina.

Soon, he will return (he says tomorrow) to amend my plan to Premium properly and to bring an HDMI to USB converter so I can use the expensive Amazon Firestick on my computer...  I don't want that money to go to waste.  I traded him a TP-Link Wi-fi extender for it.

We paid him extra, and since the IPTV connection is personally through him, we paid for that for a full year (under $61 USD) because the monthly payments would be a pain...  Still haven't figured out how I will be paying the Internet connection yet...

Right now, he is out back picking oranges as we have more than we need.

I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.

Al

******

© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 

If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.

NOTE  that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.

 

3 ItalCan, and later bought 2 more...

Nino is still not advertised for adoption.. Grrrr

Rio

NeNe needs a harcut already

Tom Thumb

TT

TT

TT

TT

TT

Set-up on the patio

Old computer in 3rd bedroom

Carlos in concentration

Set-up in the Living Room (router behind sound bar)