Thursday, November 24, 2022

Thursday November 24, 2022 Sleeping Dogs

PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.

Older Blogs:  https://cuencaupdates.blogspot.com/ and https://cuencaresidency.blogspot.com/

Please see my best artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/

******

Thursday November 24, 2022

We could see 2 stars as we walked this morning and that dog around the corner was true to form, barking at us for a whole block, even when he couldn't possibly see us.

I did a little cleanup under the plantain trees where the lake always forms.  My plan to build up the height there with the strippings off the trees is partially working, but the bad mud there plugged the drains, so I had to find them and clean them up a bit.

Carlos from Servinet came around noon to try to fix problems with the streaming TV.  We had tried to watch the Portugal vs Ghana game but couldn't.  Their main program went down due to a global outage of some sort, so we watched, on the older network they had provided previously, Brazil beating Serbia 2-0 with much more finish around the net, even hitting 2 goalposts.  Serbia had been holding their own for about an hour but eventually succumbed to superior play of Brazil.  

Here is what happened today in the World Cup:

Cristina went shopping in Tulua.

Carlos was here for 4 hours and they got the JumangisTV network working again, but I still don't have the program guide option working, which I paid a lot extra for...  Grrrrrrr  More excuses about the place in Panama needing to adjust things......

We also awaited his technician to come and up my internet speeds, but that also was one excuse after another, the last one being that he was finishing one job, then would be here.  Carlos left...  I am still waiting...

I also contacted Carlos, Cristina's ex, to be on the lookout for red shale or broken roof tiles to spread next to the patio under the trees where it is mostly muddy.

Our dogs are the epitome of the quote "let sleeping dogs lie", because, when you have 13 of them, that is the best way to maintain the quiet.  They are all being very good and Nino still has not been advertised by Adiela for adoption... grrrrrrrrrrrr  

Movistar still has not come for their equipment....  Grrrrrrrrrrr

I am into a new series on NetFlix called "The Barbarians" and I am enjoying it.

I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.

Al

******

© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 

If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.

NOTE  that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.

 

A visitor last night

Nina

Dary

NeNe

Nala

Nino

Mona

Turi

Rocas

Brazil scores a nice goal

The second was spectacular

Brazil dominated....