Friday, November 11, 2022

Friday November 11, 2022 Remembrance

PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.

Older Blogs:  https://cuencaupdates.blogspot.com/ and https://cuencaresidency.blogspot.com/

Please see my best artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/

******

Friday November 11, 2022

It was very cloudy as we walked this morning and the moon had no chance..  We took the simple route and came a cross the chestnut mare and filly in their enclosure.  It was spitting rain but nothing developed.

We remember our brave soldiers today, human and animal.

I awoke later thinking of the family that lived across the alley from me for 19 years and decided to try to contact the surviving son who was possibly born one year exactly before me.  His contact email shown online is at the University where he taught geology(??) forever, so my message may not be received.  It is funny how many memories of that time came flowing back, especially the big windstorm July 30, 1987, the day before the Black Friday Tornado....

Roger came over with the dog Benji, that is almost a twin to our Nino for adoption, and he found Benji in the same place!  We took photos with my camera (2 are below) that are hopefully acceptable for publishing by Adiela for adoption as well.  I keep asking why she has not advertised Nino yet, when she has had photos for weeks??!!  Today, she advertised Manchas with the new name of Rambo...  Why in the world would she change his name?  He should get adopted quickly as they love pitbull-type dogs here.

Amazon delivered my latest order within 5 days, for free!!!  They are head and shoulders above eBay and any other outlets!

I worked on photos again most of the afternoon until I contacted our Fiber Optic guy, Carlos, to ask when the digital TV will be available and they have a demo.  I expect to cancel Movistar and return their equipment within days...   He originally gave me the same 15-20 days answer again, but then later called and asked if he could come over and show us....

 We started with my dumb TV and it turns out to be IPTV which I have been investigating anyway at the suggestion of my brother.  There is so much to wade through and many things need "premium" activation...  So, for 3 TV's, it is about $3.50 USD for installation and close to $5.00 USD monthly for premium, which he promises to hook up for us tomorrow properly.  With premium I should be able to control more English content and channels.

The fun began with the TV on the patio.  Apparently the fancy Amazon Firestick will not run this stuff so we have to get another Android Box which he will also supply tomorrow for under $40.  So, we are underway and I am going to leave it alone tonight and just watch The Crown hopefully to conclusion.  The IPTV had some NetFlix but they didn't have this new season of The Crown, so......   Carlos claims the Firestick can definitely speed up my Dumb TV but I hate to lose the mouse capability of my Android Box.  

Sofia came to visit again in the midst of all this and her and Cristina went window shopping for a bit and just returned....

I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.

Al

******

© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 

If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.

NOTE  that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.

 

So beautiful...

The duo Flower

Bougainvillea bloom

Tom Thumb

TT

TT

Rio in the mud like usual

Roger's Benji for adoption

Benji

Benji and Nino playing like they could be brothers

Benji for adoption

Benji