Wednesday, November 2, 2022

Wednesday November 2, 2022 Gripes

PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.

Older Blogs:  https://cuencaupdates.blogspot.com/ and https://cuencaresidency.blogspot.com/

Please see my best artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/

******

Wednesday November 2, 2022

Orion lit the way again as we encountered many specimens in odd locations this morning, i.e. cow, pig, Whitey the stallion, and the mare and filly...  All were in different locations than normal.

Then I stayed up, did chores, and transferred money from Canada which actually arrived just now, same day service!  That was an eye-opener!

Then I had a quick nap before tackling knocking down the biggest plantain to get at the fruit that had ripened sufficiently.  The lake area is there, so it is extremely muddy where Rio loves to play...  I used the big leaves to walk on and I think that I will leave them there to rot and build up that area so it will drain better...

After 10am we went into Tulua to pay my health insurance which, with the devaluation of the peso, now stands at $17.81 USD per month... 

Next we went to get 30kg of dry dog food before heading to the hated Movistar to enquire what was with all the weird messages we were getting when we had asked for cancellation....  Over an hour again with a different guy who said the last idiot didn't process a cancellation but tried to change our plan instead.  I just shake my head with those idiots and we now have the cancellation in writing.  When we get the next bill, we take that and all the modems back to the 4-72 office......    I also asked how I get rid of a voicemail from them, that isn't a voicemail (figure that one out) and it won't remove from my home screen.  They say I have to change the SIM card to the same number....  Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr   I HATE MOVISTAR!!!  Now I have to check if they have shut off our TV.

We went to Exito at LA14 for lunch before grabbing my veggies and forgetting to get vinegar...  Why I bring a list, but ignore it,is my own fault.

Then I had an idea, and we went next door to HomeCenter to get indoor-outdoor cheap carpet.  I wanted about a 4m x 4m piece to cover the path off the patio which also gets wet and muddy, and also to cover fat Nina's grave better.  We had to settle for 5 small ones and I made a small path with that.  We will have to see if it helps or not.

Then it was another short nap before cabbage-cutting was needed for the nightly salad. 

Then I got, surprise surprise, a survey request from RedBubble.......  That was too good to pass up!  I let them have it with both barrels about how ridiculous their site is, and how it has wasted so much of my time and effort.  I just checked, and in the last year I made a whopping $197 on that site, and spend a good hour or more, every day, uploading there......  So I am working for 54c a day,.....  And I have been doing this for about 13 years.....   Oh, why do I bother with them anymore????

I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.

Al

******

© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 

If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.

NOTE  that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.

 

Plantain harvesting

The new temporary walkway