Thursday, November 3, 2022

Thursday November 3, 2022 Piggie

PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.

Older Blogs:  https://cuencaupdates.blogspot.com/ and https://cuencaresidency.blogspot.com/

Please see my best artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/

******

Thursday November 3, 2022

Last night, I gave movies a rest as I saw the TV cable was still hooked up, and there was good soccer, baseball and UFC to keep me occupied.  However my record for picking the winners really took a beating....

The sky was trying to show stars, but failing this morning as we came across a shocking sight!  The tame pot-bellied pink pig was at the side of the road with a baby!  I apologize for the lousy quality of the photos with the phone.  I don't know what went wrong there, or if there were more baby piglets hidden...  We took the same route as yesterday and came across Whitey and two sets of Mare and Filly!

I remember the first time I saw, and recognized, Orion in the sky.  I would have been maybe 10 years old, walking on a cool January evening to altar boy practice, and Orion was in the south sky above the church...  At least that is how I remember it, and probably why I get such comfort in seeing the big hunter.

Happy Independence Day Cuenca!!!  I remember vividly when we landed there Nov 2, 2011 and were welcomed with open arms to the local community celebrations Nov 3.  A lot sure has happened since then...

Little Manchas keeps us busy as he hasn't got the hang of doing all his business outside.  5 times overnight he had huge poops in the house and patio.  I love puppies, except for this, and the desire to chew everything in sight.

Fine Art America was giving me grief all day, every time I tried to finish my chores there.  I hope this is just a one-day site glitch.

Cristina apparently has some artist that would make a painting of our 12 dogs for under $200 USD.  I decided that I would rather honour the departed 8 large dogs instead, so I have supplied the photos he can work from.  However I want to see a sample of his work before paying anything.

I took Cristina into Tulua with a batch of plantains to Adiela's.  I had asked her to ask about the two sets of home and car cams that I gave to split between Miguel and Ana, because I could not see them installed anywhere, and nobody has even thanked me.  Now they are asking if they can put something up at Zoonosis who probably doesn't have close-enough wi-fi....   Sheesh.

We are getting a bit of rain as I write this so we will see how the new pathway and the lake will survive it.

I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.

Al

******

© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 

If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.

NOTE  that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.

 

Pig and piglet

No idea why photo is so bad

Truck repair in Tulua








Battle between Shiny Cowbird females

A good scrap

The referee called it a draw

Kiskadee

Kiskadee