Sunday, November 27, 2022

Sunday November 27, 2022 Soccer

PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.

Older Blogs:  https://cuencaupdates.blogspot.com/ and https://cuencaresidency.blogspot.com/

Please see my best artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/

******

Sunday November 27, 2022

Last night there must have been a dozen bats feeding on the hundreds of insects in the backyard due to the wet weather.  I would like 3 dozen of them!  This is the worst we have ever had for insect infestation and we have been warned that Dengue fever is making its debut again.

There was rain this morning so we did not walk.

The suction security handle that I installed in my bathroom shower suddenly came loose, which was a shock,.. and it was a good thing that I saw it move before pulling on it with any force.  It was shocking how dirty it was underneath so I gace it a good cleaning before re-installing it.  I warned Cristina to check hers as well.

I also had to clean the backseat dog protector.  It was really dirty, and, once it dried, I put on the opposite way for a while.  The dogs are wrecking it already and it will soon tear.

Cristina asked me to re-do the photo of a reclined Christian in a large size, and laminate it.  This was made to go on the face of the mini-crypt where his bones now reside.  We made a trip to the cemetery and Cristina did a skilful job of putting it up nicely.  I will post the photos tomorrow on the 5th anniversary of his death, and on his 27th birthday.  Eventually this will be covered with a name and details plaque like the others.

At 11m I was anxiously watching Canada take on Croatia and I missed seeing our only goal, against the 4 scored by Croatia.  Canada did not play badly in the middle of the field but really played badly at either end.  It is 40+ years since I coached soccer but I know what is a smart play to generate offense.  Not too many of Canada's players possess the simple fundamentals to generate this constant pressure to create goal opportunities and to wear down the opposition.  So Canada is now effectively out of the competition and I will quit boring you with a lot of soccer photos.  

I trimmed some of the roses between games.

Sofia is still here and her Mom Lorena came for most of the afternoon again.  Cristina put Lorena to work cooking, as that is one of her skills.

I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.

Al

******

© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 

If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.

NOTE  that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.

 

Canada scores their first (only?) goal of the World Cup

Croatia answers heavily

Again

and again