Monday, November 21, 2022

Monday November 21, 2022 World Cup, etc.

PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.

Older Blogs:  https://cuencaupdates.blogspot.com/ and https://cuencaresidency.blogspot.com/

Please see my best artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/

******

Monday November 21, 2022

Last night I got to watch the CFL Grey Cup from Regina, Saskatchewan and it brought back so many memories of my wonderful cousin Maurice Jalbert who we lost this year due to Covid complications.   We miss you so much Maurice and all the good times we had together.

Being a Westerner, I tried to pull for the Winnipeg Blue Bombers, but I kept flashbacking to Dec. ’67 and the coldest time I ever spent after a convention in Winnipeg and the heat in our bus quit.. at -40C, or F, and the driver wouldn’t even stop to let us pee all the way back to Regina where it was only a few degrees warmer. 

This was another classic game, going back and forth, and both teams making stellar plays offensively and defensively.  Nobody could have written a better script for the last couple of minutes when it looked like Toronto was to kick the game-winning field goal to put it out of reach.. but Winnipeg blocked the kick, then had the chance to kick their own field goal for the win, but then Toronto Argonauts miraculously also blocked their kick and won the game by 1 point!  They will be talking about this one for a long time….

This morning we had a long walk under a dark, cloudy sky and came across 6 horses in the same block.  We made a purposeful detour to the big house with the swimming pool and were most surprised to see that it is still for sale!!!!!!!  How someone has not snapped up that property yet is beyond my comprehension….  Anybody got a spare $95,000 USD lying around???  If I remember correctly, the house has 6 bedrooms with bathrooms and 4 more bare rooms in a building at the back…  and it is built to American standards….

Then it was time to watch World Cup Soccer again at 8am as England put on a masterful show against Iran, winning 6-2.  If they play like this every game, they will be tough to beat, because their passing was crisp, and they had plans…  It is so much fun to watch masterful soccer.  I forgot to take photos.

This contrasted with the next game between the Netherlands and Senegal.  Senegal carried most of the play, )maybe better accustomed to the heat of Qatar), than the Hollanders who looked sluggish, and without any plan of attack.  But, right near the end, they scored 2 nice goals after the Senegalese could not hit the net on numerous opportunities..  If you have ever seen the size of a soccer net, it always boggles my mind how inept most of these so-called professionals are at finding it…..

I keep getting annoying robocalls from blasted Movistar..!!  I wish that I could sue the @#$%^& for harassment.

Next it was the USA vs Wales.  The USA controlled play all game and scored first, holding the famous Gareth Bale from playmaking until the final minutes when he was fouled in the penalty box and scored to tie the game at 1-1.

Tomorrow should be exciting as there are 4 games with strong teams, so I guess I won’t be resting after our walk.

 


Also Movistar is to come and remove their equipment, so maybe they will be taking the satellite dish off the roof too?  I have had at least 4 robocalls from them @#$%^ today already.   Grrrrrrrrrrrr

I am still fighting with ServiNet to get my new speeds and program guide.   Carlos' mother may get her heart operation on Friday.

I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.

Al

******

© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 

If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.

NOTE  that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.

 

The scene over Mosaic Staudium in Regina for Grey Cup

The fly-by

The kick-off

Toronto can run out the clock for the win

Toronto Argonauts defy the odds

A near miss by Senegal

Another angle on the near miss

Netherlands score first

and second..

Gareth Bale (center) leads Wales

USA score first

A big save by Wales

Gareth Bale is fouled

Gareth scores on the penalty kick