Wednesday, November 9, 2022

Wednesday November 9, 2022 Rains

 

PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.

Older Blogs:  https://cuencaupdates.blogspot.com/ and https://cuencaresidency.blogspot.com/

Please see my best artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/

******

Wednesday November 9, 2022

Monday night we had a decent rain and I was lazy so there was no walk Tuesday morning as I awoke late.   At 7am we had no water until 5pm…  Grrrrr

Tuesday, we heard from good friends John and Barbie in Cuenca that they are finally divorced from old partners and will wed on Sunday, with a big party at a later date.  Congrats to these two fine people!

I worked on photos most of the day and watched UFC instead of movies.

Then we had a long rain from 10pm to 2am, which regenerated the lake mostly, and negated our walk one more day.  I got up at 5am today, saw that we still had water, so I showered and shaved quickly and then stayed up and did chores.  This is more rain than the other night when they shut off the water all day on us…  I get really tired of that crap.

I took out the saddle soap and re-cleaned my hiking boots, moccasins and sandals.  They are all in like-new condition again., and I could not find Saddle Soap anywhere here, even in a saddlery shop.

I followed that by cleaning and refilling Tom Thumb’s feeders, and he came back almost immediately after ignoring us for a couple of days.  He also checked out every tree in the yard.

Then I slid out walking downtown to get a few items, primarily bags large enough for the container for 3-4 days of dog poop….  Then I got some clear nail polish to apply to a couple of non-healing sores, hoping it will work like it does on cold sores, keeping air away from the virus and healing from the inside…

I also got a new flower trimmer as the old one had broken.

We went into Tulua to help Ana Julia get her monthly government stipend again and brought Killer’s leftover diapers to John Faber’s vet clinic in response to an appeal.  We had late lunch at Bizcochito and I dropped them both off at Adiela's because Cristina saw a sale on shoes...

So I worked on more photos.

I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.

Al

******

© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 

If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.

NOTE  that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.

 

The lake is mostly back, but not bad.

Manchas may go to Zoonosis..

Tom Thumb in the sun.

TT

TT

Tiny Kiskadee