Wednesday, June 1, 2022

Wednesday June 1, 2022 Life+Death

PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.

Older Blogs:  https://cuencaupdates.blogspot.com/ and https://cuencaresidency.blogspot.com/

Please see my best artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/

******

Wednesday June 1, 2022

The calf appears to be gone for good..  I don't know why they would build such a nice pen just to leave it empty.  We had a lovely clear, cool and starry morning for our walk this morning for a change.

We left shortly after 8am to get to the Bank to renew our CD (Certificate of Deposit).  The interest rate for the last 6 months was beyond pitiful so Cristina only renewed for 3 months but the interest rate is over 3X higher now...

We had an early lunch at the busy restaurant on the corner there.  It is busy because the food is superlative and dirt cheap.  We had 2 coffees, a pastel, 2 empanadas and 2 corn fritters for under $2.50 USD....

I was giving TLC to the runt puppy all afternoon and she seems to be responding a lot better, getting kisses from her just a few moments ago.  She helped me watch the last season of that French comedy which made fun of everyone, even the Quebecois patois.  Then she sat through some past UFC fights as I got my violence fix.  The Oilers lost another wild opening game against Colorado Avalanche 8-6, but they have done this every series so far.

Lorena came by and dropped us a female puppy that some a**hole threw in the fast current of the river to drown.  Lorena saved the puppy and I have been showing her TLC so she is always at my feet now.  I have called her "Rio".  She will eventually go to Zoonosis once they have solved their distemper outbreak which has killed 6 dogs so far.

Then we got the news that a relative and great friend of Mom's passed away May 28 at age 91.  Marie Claire Fradette was always cheerful and such a pleasure to know.   Unfortunately we have so very many relatives that are up in years that such things are to be expected, however sad.




 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

We just had another nice late afternoon rain, the perfect time for cooling everything down.  26.2C where I am sitting feels just great!

I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.

Al

******

© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 

If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.

NOTE  that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.

 

Runt is getting better

She is responding to TLC, food and medication

Our other 5 active pups

Some of our cheap brunch

Hibiscus

Still circling me


Tom Thumb

TT

TT

Rio was saved by Lorena

Rio is a sweetie!