Monday, June 20, 2022

Monday June 20, 2022 Supplies

PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.

Older Blogs:  https://cuencaupdates.blogspot.com/ and https://cuencaresidency.blogspot.com/

Please see my best artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/

******

Monday June 20, 2022

The bad news keeps on coming...  Last night I found out that Johnny Sikorski, a cousin of Pat's passed away a week ago.  He and I always got along and kept in touch.  I always tried to call him on his birthday, Anniversary and Christmas.  He would always call me on my Birthday.  He was always a funny and crazy guy, always laughing, and always with a smirk on his face.  Gonna miss you Johnny....

The elections finished and the leftist Petro won as expected.  I read that he had been a Mayor of Bogota at some point and started some needed reforms.  Let us hope that he lives up to the positive side of his billing.

There was actually a moon and stars and cranky house dogs for our 4am walk this morning.  Again, another fitful sleep, so we just got up early and had 2 one-hour naps later.  I actually ran across Alejandro and his wife coming out of their new residence to go open up their gym which he says is now near the Firehall, behind the church.

The larders were empty everywhere so we needed a trip to MegaFruver and Olympica in Tulua to also stock up on birdseed, popcorn, livers for the dogs, and good meats for us.  We picked up 1/2 a roast chicken (3 meals worth), at ARA for lunch for $2 USD.  

EBay was bugging me to confirm security information so I migrated to Amazon and did some shopping.  I picked up sheets for 2 beds and a cel phone case for Adiela.  I still cannot find a good wireless doorbell with monitors that I want, no matter how hard I look.  When I think that I have found one, investigation reveals that it is not wireless (wifi).  I am beginning to think that I may have to go to a simpler one without motion-detection...  Our front door is 4 feet from the street so it would be going off on its own ever few seconds.

I mentioned to my wife that I had been told that there will be a Cabalgata in Tulua tomorrow...  She said no, it will probably be Thursday.  So I checked with the lovely Eliana and she confirmed it will be Thursday.  I look forward to seeing all those lovely horses and riders.

The lovely Eliana

I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.

Al

******

© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 

If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.

NOTE  that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.


Tom Thumb

Tom Thumb

Golden Silk Spider female