Sunday, June 19, 2022

Sunday June 19, 2022 Mierdita

 

PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.

Older Blogs:  https://cuencaupdates.blogspot.com/ and https://cuencaresidency.blogspot.com/

Please see my best artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/

******

Sunday June 19, 2022

Last night, we got more heavy rain as I switched to watching Cable TV for a change, enjoying UFC and actually a Stanley Cup Hockey game!  Go Avalanche Go (won 7-0).

Little Mierdita was really sick, having trouble breathing and we tried everything, even under a blanket with Vicks...  Different medicines have not helped.  I suspect her throat was damaged from giving medicines by syringes as she resisted.  She looked so forlorn.

At midnight Cristina got me up because the pup was not doing better and was really laboring, so we drove into a 24-hour vet, Servicances.   I waited outside for an hour and we ended up leaving Mierdita there for treatment.

The poor thing did not last the night, so we went back this morning (another hour wait) to retrieve her body for interment at Zoonosis because our yard is an underwater disaster right now.  

RIP little Mierdita.  You livened up our lives.







One cannot describe the sorrow when we lose a pet, however briefly we have had them.   That inspired me to finally do a small "Dog Wall" tribute once I got home to the pets we have lost over 7.5 years.   We lose a little piece of our heart with each loss.

Cristina stayed to help at Zoonosis and then to go vote in the Presidential election runoffs that is sure to be won by the former guerrilla leftist, Petro.  Backlash voting for leftists has never worked anywhere, so we can look forward to a difficult 4 years ahead until people realize their mistake.  

I saw the news that my guy, Fabio Quartararo, won the Moto GP race in Germany today and has a stranglehold on the Drivers' Championship.  My other guy, Marc marquez, has pulled out of this year to have more surgery resulting from his big crash 2 seasons ago.  I sure miss watching these races with David and Wolf.

I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.

Al

******

© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 

If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.

NOTE  that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.

 

Rio is a true water-baby

She is not scared of water

My omelette creation for me and the dogs

The sandwiches were for me

My "Dog Wall" tribute