Saturday, June 18, 2022

Saturday June 18, 2022 Rain

PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.

Older Blogs:  https://cuencaupdates.blogspot.com/ and https://cuencaresidency.blogspot.com/

Please see my best artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/

******

Saturday June 18, 2022

I wasn't kidding about being the Rainmaker, ...it works 90% of the time and last night we got such a deluge that I am amazed how little water we had inside the house.  The lake was rejuvenated to its maximum size!  It seemed like it rained for at least 4 hours, but then I was crashed out at 8:30pm and the midnight check showed that it was still raining.  We got a lot.

We did walk this morning with the 3 regulars and took our usual route regardless of the heavy rain overnight.  The dirt roads that usually give us trouble were quite passable.

I did chores, and Cristina went into Tulua to help Adiela with some pet food/adoption event.

I got involved with Ancestry and all the paths opened up by the DNA results, learning more and more as I went along.  I have 1,670 people in my Tree now, and that is mostly direct ancestors without delving heavily into their other children and their descendants.  If Ancestry was a little more intuitive, I have no doubt that the relative list would be in the hundreds of 1,000s.  Checking some of the DNA results shows how little I know about the spread of the family, ..on top of all the connections I have forgotten..

The big puppy, Rio, that was rescued from possible drowning, probably would not have drowned...  This little girl loves the water and spends a lot of her nuisance time splashing around in our lake and then wanting a wet cuddle...  She is a brat, and I am really going to miss her whenever she does get farmed out to Zoonosis.  She reminds me so much of my departed fat Nina that I get sad looking at her.

I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.

Al

******

© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 

If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.

NOTE  that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.

 

In one night, a new lake..

Can you spot the second Kiskadee?

Mrs Shiny Cowbird

4 Peach roses

Rio, the water baby