Wednesday, June 15, 2022

Wednesday June 15, 2022 Ancestry

PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.

Older Blogs:  https://cuencaupdates.blogspot.com/ and https://cuencaresidency.blogspot.com/

Please see my best artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/

******

Wednesday June 15, 2022

The walk at 4:30am was uneventful, few other animals at all, and even less people.  A homeless guy ended up ahead of us, and he stopped, waited for a woman to go by, dropped his pants and crapped on the edge of the street.  I could see that he had no paper in his hand so I turned my head the other way and hurried by.  That made me real sad to see that the basic necessities are out of reach for so many. 

Leonel said that he had a day off today so we had arranged that he would come and cut the jungle before it rained again.  It was about as dry as we could expect and his days off don't always mesh with our needs.  He came at 6am, sunrise, so we could get as much as we can to the curb for the garbage truck which lately has been showing up at 7:50am.  Leonel was a trooper and concentrated on the long grass and had that pretty much bagged by the time the garbage truck surprised us at 7:30am....  I pleaded with the driver to wait and I helped Leonel hustle out 6 big, heavy bags.  We gave the garbage men a tip for beer.

I still have to use a lot of the tracking available in the DNA results with Ancestry.com.  I got involved again stretching families back into the 1500's but there it is pretty dry for information.  I don't imagine that literacy was a big thing back then for keeping records, only clergy, and much would have been destroyed by various means.  But, once I get into following threads, and cross-check information, hours fly by until the crick in my neck says it is time to quit.  In the 20 or so generations I have combed of ancestors, I have yet to hit that elusive Irishman.

Lunch was steak and potatoes... absolutely mouthwatering Lomo deRes (meat tenderloin) which is so worth the extra price.  Most beef here is tough to eat.

We finally got a message back from Migracion that my Visa is indeed "en proceso", still.....  I need it done by the end of July or it creates problems with renewing my car again too.

I ran Cristina into Zoonosis to help Adiela with a bitch that just delivered 14 puppies!  I cringed at the thought that some, or all, might end up here....

I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.

Al

******

© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 

If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.

NOTE  that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.

 

Mierdita and Scabby

Most is cut.  The ground will dry quicker now.

Leonel works hard.

Steak and potatoes... YUMMY!

My best girl, Turi