Monday, June 27, 2022

Monday June 27, 2022 LA14

PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.

Older Blogs:  https://cuencaupdates.blogspot.com/ and https://cuencaresidency.blogspot.com/

Please see my best artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/

******

Monday June 27, 2022

The walk in the morning was starless again and the horses were loose and active, as were the cows at the north end of our walk.  I am so thankful that my 4 dogs listen to the command to ignore other animals.  Princesa, the smallest, is always the first to challenge anything...  She is my most fearless protector.

The morning turned gloriously sunny and I was invited by Cristina to meet Ana and Adiela at LA14 for coffee after 3pm.  She brought Nene because most of the mall is pet friendly.   He was a good little man for the whole time we were there.

It will be interesting to see the change in the mall once Exito, the other biggest department/grocery store opens its doors there.  They now have little direct competition in Tulua so we will have to watch their prices.

I got towels and cleaning supplies at Dollar City before meeting the girls at the food court.  I was hungry, so I had a delicious burger, fries and lemonade for $5 USD.  My salad at home could keep for another couple of days.

Then we all walked to HomeCenter because Ana wanted a wall mount for the TV Monitor that we had gifted her.  Cristina bought an untagged patacone maker (squish plantains to fry) and was floored by the expensive price for a couple of simple cast iron plates....  It took forever to get through the checkout.

I saw some ridiculous prices shown for some power tools in a side booth and figured they must be daily rental prices...  I waited 5 minutes for the lazy sales girl to look up from her damned phone before giving her a tongue lashing about customer service and walking away. 

Ana went into the bank that owns HomeCenter, Falabela, and the ugly customer service in Latin America was no more apparent than here...  There were 7 staff at one point, 4 customers, and NOBODY was being served....  These dummies have no idea how many people they turn off with such a crass attitude towards customers.  It will be a dark day in hell before I would ever deal with them.

I was glad to get home before everything was completely dark for the dogs at home.  As usual, they are always so greateful to see us.

The Colorado Avalanche outplayed Tampa Bay Lightning last night and were rewarded with a 2-1 win and a Stanley Cup!  Good job Avs!

I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.

Al

******

© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 

If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.

NOTE  that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.

 


I am told these are called Tea Roses

I love these colours

Golden Silk Spider

Food storage?

Tom Thumb

TT


TT

NeNe

Rio has a natural necklace

NeNe and Princesa

Dary

At LA14

Adiela, Cristina, Ana and NeNe

Lousy service Bank, nobody being served..