Thursday, June 16, 2022

Thursday June 16, 2022 Milestone

PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.

Older Blogs:  https://cuencaupdates.blogspot.com/ and https://cuencaresidency.blogspot.com/

Please see my best artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/

******

Thursday June 16, 2022

The walk didn't happen this morning because I wanted to just sleep for a change.  The dogs seemed OK with that.

I just realized that today is my 30th Anniversary of quitting smoking!!!!!!

 









 

 

 

 

And all it took was disgust that the cost of a carton went to $30 Cdn!  That was enough catalyst for me at the time to repeat an earlier quit of 3 years, but times 10 now....  I now can't stand the smell of smoke, even from someone walking by.  It saddens me to hear people coughing their lungs out when I am walking in the fresh air.  Why do people actively shorten their lifespans and hasten a likely painful death, with everything we know about the dangers of tobacco?????  And Vaping is proving to be an equally dangerous substitute!  When the trigger moments came, I reached for Tic-Tacs or Scotch mints instead of the cigarette.  Because my mind was made up to quit, that made it so much easier,.. not easy, ... but easier....  And the cough was gone the next morning...!  It was the third best decision I ever made, and I could never go back to that ridiculous nauseating habit. 

We had to do more shopping for the dogs and actually found a solar and rechargeable lantern/flashlight for $6.25 USD.  New mops were a must too..

Then I had to replace the nectar in the feeders and Tom Thumb was back feeding immediately.

I am going to stop watching Bollywood flicks from India on Netflix..  One of those movies even made fun about the Indians thinking that they can sing and dance in every movie.  Ugh!

I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.

Al

******

© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 

If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.

NOTE  that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.

 

Yup, solar and rechargeable




Grigi

Grigi

Rio and Grigi

Tom Thumb

TT

TT