Monday, June 13, 2022

Monday June 13, 2022 Scenery

PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.

Older Blogs:  https://cuencaupdates.blogspot.com/ and https://cuencaresidency.blogspot.com/

Please see my best artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/

******

Monday June 13, 2022

Happy 62nd brother Norm..!

I mistakenly went to bed early, at 9am, because I thought it was much later.  Oh well...  At 1am Rio was whimpering so I had to let him out.  It was raining.  Then Killer needed attention at 1:30....   We walked at 5:20 and then back to bed until 9am.  I haven't had that much sleep in a long time.  Sleep is fitful because recent aches are, well, ....real achy, and I wake every time I need to turn..

I ate the leftover fried hamburger and potatoes for lunch and then decided that Cristina and I needed a little getaway.  The proposed Coffee National Park was in a rainy area and there were 2 tolls to get there.  So we decided on Sevilla instead where the turn is just past the first toll.

Well, I missed the stupid turn which was immediately after the toll.  I should have just backed up...  We got back to the southbound area and guess what...  we hit the toll coming back...  We tried to explain but the bureaucrats insisted on their toll there too.  I paid and got back northbound and the toll booth loomed with no turnaround.  I refused to pay these turds another cent!  There was a blocked road to the left and we spoke to the security guard.  He said to just drive against the traffic back to the turnaround..!!  So we did, ...and I suggested a trip to Rio Frio, which I hate with a passion because we have to cross the entire city of Tulua, and on weekends the traffic with motorcycles is a nightmare all the way there. 

We could not reach Omaira and Rene in town so it was just a sightseeing trip with little traffic and dramatic skies.  When we returned to Tulua to get medicine for our dogs with colds, it began to rain again.  I honestly do not mind the rain but we really need to dry the backyard so we can get the jungle cut down without needing machetes.

I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.

Al

******

© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 

If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.

NOTE  that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.

 

Highway scenery




Prehistoric park

Sugar cane in our valley

Yellow-headed Caracara

Egret

He drove his Chevy to the levee...



Sugar cane is what is grown here

Turkey buzzards

2 of our co-pilots