Friday, June 24, 2022

Thursday June 23, 2022 Cabalgata

PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.

Older Blogs:  https://cuencaupdates.blogspot.com/ and https://cuencaresidency.blogspot.com/

Please see my best artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/

******

Thursday June 23, 2022

The Cabalgata with the Paso Fino horses was to be today so we got prepared for that, except we had no information on times, route, etc.  I finally found this poster online which said that they closed the route off a 1pm but we knew, with people working, that these things never get going until dark, but we took no chances.  Rider Eliana could provide me no information.

At 1:30pm we, along with little Sofia, went out and had to hit 2 money places to gather enough dinero to pay my multa (fine) tomorrow once they send us the recibo (receipt) which we must get laser printed (inkjets don't pick up barcodes correctly) and then take it to our closest bank (Banco de Occidente) to pay it, and get it stamped, and then scan and send it back.

We scoured a bit of the Cabalgata route and saw a few barricades but, obviously nothing was happening for a while, so we went to Bizcochito for a bite.  We scoured more of the route after a short rain and then went to find a good place to park near the route.  Sofia was feeling cold and had no jacket, so the girls were happy to go shopping for a sweater while I found an unobstructed spot to take pictures.  I was near the same place as last year but too many people were rudely standing in front of me so I moved further down, closer to our car.  I messaged Cristina where I was and she and Sofia joined me just after 6pm when the parade finally came our way (Top right of the route map).  

We had to endure a whole bunch of commercial vehicles with loud music before the horses and riders finally started close to 7pm.  We had one small bench to sit on, so we took turns.  I missed connecting with my contact from last time, the lovely Eliana, even though I sent her my location.  I am not that happy with the results of almost 200 photos taken but you will see a sampling below of the better ones.  We stayed until 9pm, dropped off Sofia, and made it home.

I am adding a few short movies that I stitched together.  


 

There we made the sad discovery that little Scabby had passed away.  It is odd that little Chiquitita was originally the sickliest of the three, and yet it is Mierdita and Scabby who later fell ill and died, while Chiquitita is thriving, maybe because she has been mostly isolated on her own. 

RIP sweet little Scabby.

I was on a roll processing the photos, so I was up until 2:30am getting them all done.

I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.

Al

******

© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 

If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.

NOTE  that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.


 

We were near the symbol top right

Wet Vermilion Flycatcher visiting at Bizcochito

1

2

3

4

 

5

6

7

8

9

10

11

12

13

14

15

16

17

18

19