Tuesday, June 21, 2022

Tuesday June 21, 2022 Solstice

PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.

Older Blogs:  https://cuencaupdates.blogspot.com/ and https://cuencaresidency.blogspot.com/

Please see my best artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/

******

Tuesday June 21, 2022

Happy summer solstice to North America today.  Enjoy your longest day and shortest night of the year.  Here, there is no need to celebrate, except for harvests, etc, because our days are virtually the same, even, 6am to 6pm, 24-7, 365 days a year.  It is bad enough being retired and having every day feel like Sunday, we have to suffer the same daylight and temperatures year-round.  So very boring,..yes??

There was very high cloud cover and the moon was barely discernible on our 4:15am walk this morning.  I think that is the ideal time for our walk, few people and dogs are awake to bother my quiet group.

I got the call that my foam mattress topper was ready a day early so we hurried to get into town before 11:30.  I had been hanging onto the money to pay for it so it was nice to get it out of my pocket.  The topper fit well enough in Lizzie and I manage to tie things down so the trip back home was uneventful.  The photo below is kinda humourous...

We stopped to get money to pay to get all our dogs re-vaccinated tomorrow.  Somebody from Huellas will come to our house to jab them all.  That will be a load off of everyone's mind. We think that the distemper epidemic at Zoonosis has been controlled as well.

We put the 2" foam topper on the king bed and tried it out later for my nap.  At first I thought that it was too stiff and not soft enough, but I did have a good nap, didn't budge an inch, with no ill effects....

For about 3 days running, we hear the flutter of every bird leaving the yard at once and we come out in time to glimpse a pair of Yellow-headed Caracaras.  They are like a small eagle or hawk, very light-coloured, and obviously a predator.  Even yesterday, I heard one screeching for its mate and ran out with the Nikon but they don't stick around long if they see me.  The other birds return pretty quickly.

Rio has really become less of a pest and is learning to be a member of the household and understand why we yell at her, and then show her love.  For that reason, we have decided to keep her ourselves.  I hated the thought of her going to Zoonosis and never getting adopted and maybe picked on by the larger dogs...  She reminds me so much of my dearly departed fat Nina that my guilt is mainly responsible for this decision, I admit it....  So we now have 12 legal residents and 2 small puppies here.  We love all our charges.

I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.

Al

******

© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 

If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.

NOTE  that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.



Scenic drive to Tulua

It looks like Lizzie sticking out her tongue?

Dramatic skies in Tulua

Beautiful skies in Andalucia

Our lake is drying up

Welcome to the newest member of our household- Rio

Bougainvillea from across the yard

Lovely rosebud opening 8' up


5 peach-coloured roses

Pink and white rosebud opening

A bougainvillea bloom

Nina2, Rio, Buddy

Birds above, happy to get fed

I have never seen this many on the feeder roof before

Gosh, we feed a lot of birds...

and a lot more on the ground!  Some shiny cowbirds too.