Friday, June 17, 2022

Friday June 17, 2022 Lizzie

PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.

Older Blogs:  https://cuencaupdates.blogspot.com/ and https://cuencaresidency.blogspot.com/

Please see my best artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/

******

Friday June 17, 2022

The move "Knives Out" on NetFlix is definitely worth watching, in spite of the horrible mis-casting of Daniel Craig as a Creole detective (his attempted drawl is really bad), because it has a great story line.  Highly recommended.

My troop walked at exactly 4:30am and we followed our most normal route which is sometimes changed after big rains because 2 sections of dirt roads became lakes or quagmires.  The first one, on the route that produces "the most business", was often awful with water completely across the road.  They have now filled in those low spots and even paved a portion, so we really hope they pave it all, but not likely until there are more houses along there to split the cost.  We got back to the house shortly after 5am and I could hear sprinkling rain on the roof as I hung up the leashes.  That rain didn't last long...

I rushed my chores and arrived at the KIA dealership by 7:30am for my warranty check appointment.  I always try for the first appointment of the day and ask them to rush it through since I have to wait in town for it.  Today they did a complimentary engine clean (looks brand new), and tire rotation, in addition to the usual multi-checks, oil change, etc.  The bill was about $110 USD total.  I sent a note to the GM to compliment his staff for an exceptional job done today.

I had brought Turi with me for companionship and, as always, she was perfect for that.  While waiting, I had gone to Bizcochito for breakfast, a meat and rice ball (pastel in Sp.), 2 sunny-side up eggs and a coffee for $1.60 USD.  Turi refused all my offerings of morsels.

Then I waited for vet John Faber Rojas to show up at his office and took a couple of photos there.  I am surprising him with the composite work-up below.

Turi and I went walking to the big red church with the cute park across from it and I saw a salesman of small exercise mattresses working off of a bicycle.  On a lark, I asked him about memory foam toppers and he brought me to a mattress place adjacent to the park.   I am tired of aching hips in the night, so I want a topper for the king bed, like we had in Cuenca.....  The GM, Milton, brought me to his home/manufacturing area and showed me samples.  I settled on a 200 x 200 x 5 cm foam, with a cool zippered cover for $130 USD, about what I paid in Cuenca 8 years ago....  I am supposed to be able to pick it up Wednesday and I left a deposit of all the cash I had on hand.

Then I went back and spent a few minutes with vet John again before leisurely making my way back to Kia, hoping Lizzie would be ready by 11 (they had told me noon..).  Surprise, Lizzie was all bright and shiny, waiting for me.

Once home, we parceled up the 3 small pups and headed to the vet Lina at Huellas because whatever medicine Cristina had to halt their coughs was not working.  Lina checked them out (for free) and we picked up new prescribed medicine at the pharmacy.  I haven't heard a cough since we gave them the new medicine...

And, of course, my rainmaker title is again intact.  Lizzie was cleaned today, so we made it rain once again!

I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.

Al

******

© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 

If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.

NOTE  that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.


 

Great cheap place to eat

An Ibis

Orig. has an Indian image in the moon

John loves wolves, so I did this for him

Turi is simply the best dog ever

John posed for me, no knowing why

 

Fancy rustic construction methods here

Statue in that park


At his home workshop

Back at the retail outlet

New construction at the KIA/Honda/Jac dealership

Lizzie back home all shiny

The engine looks brand  new!

Little Chiquitita

with vet Lina