Wednesday, May 5, 2021

Wednesday May 5, 2021 Upheavals

 

SUBSCRIBING ON THE RIGHT  stops in July ??   >>>>>>>>>>

To be safe, PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.

Please see more of my artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/

******

Wednesday May 5, 2021

The electricity did not go out last evening as expected.  I had talked with David and we discussed what would happen to him in the event that that happened in Tulua and his breathing machines quit....  Scary stuff.  He would have to use his tanks and lay very still and use the lowest settings he can handle.  

Stores are almost empty, no gasoline available, and the water just got shut off in BugaLaGrande and no supply of purification tablets.  

There were peaceful parades that Cristina and Claudia watched last night here so we hope some sanity will prevail soon.  The world press is having a field day with footage of police brutality in Cali.  

I made it to the Gym again this morning, not sure if it would be open or not, and got my required exercises.

Gentlemen came to the door wanting to look at the house and yard with the possibility of buying it.  Cristina had let it be known somewhere that it was for sale, for a price, and that she would like to relocate to Roldanillo.  I hate the idea of moving but could like Roldanillo as it is much cooler., much bigger, and a revolving expat tourist population of paragliders.

I contacted the place where I pay my health insurance every month to ask what options we have to pay if the roads are closed.  They usually wanted the monthly payment before the 7th of each month and there were no outside options.  Lo and behold, they said that we can pay via our Bancolombia and they WhatsApp'd me the information.  We went to our neighbourhood mini-branch a block away and paid it, no sweat!  No more running into downtown Tulua every month just for that, yippee....

We then stopped at the local panaderia (bakery) for some more of their delicious cheese buns and some chicharron pastries.  They said that as of tonight they will not have the dough to continue... Blasted strike!!!  And the chicharon were the most delicious I have ever tasted too...

I will be changing my official Canadian residence from Calgary to Edmonton shortly so I need to notify a lot of places, like income tax, bank, and pension, etc. 

I was just sitting here and my phone was chiming for a Facebook call from Allen and Martha Bourassa from Whitecourt (Uncle Johnny's son).  Martha is a Colombiana with a mother in Bogota who sent her some of the awful footage of the riots in Cali, so they just thought they would check with me too.  I hadn't talked to them other than Facebook for years so it was wonderful of them to call and we had a lovely long chat.  I really must keep in touch better with people.  When Covid restrictions are lifted they may just come to Colombia for a 25th Anniversary trip...  I am hoping to go to Canada and visit them too in September if things work out.

I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.

Al

******

© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 

If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.

NOTE that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.


 

Golden Silk Spider

Mr Vermilion Flycatcher

Flycatcher tiny nest

One of many rosebuds

and another

I counted 12 on this one plant
Hibiscus

2 sets of plantains growing
Mr VF

Mr VF

Blue-black crow

Tom Thumb

TT

TT

TT

TT

TT