Friday, May 14, 2021

Friday May 14, 2021 Clean-up

SUBSCRIBING ON THE RIGHT  stops in July ??   >>>>>>>>>>

To be safe, PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.

Please see more of my artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/

******

Friday May 14, 2021

Cristina got up after 1am, left the light on in the yard, woke me up, and I couldn't get back to sleep again.  So on 3 hours sleep, I walked the dogs, did my chores and was ready for Javier's arrival at 7:20am and Aram's at 7:40am.

Javier got right to work chopping off the east side of the mango tree which severely overhung the patio roof and dumped countless leaves which stayed and rotted.  Whenever it rained, the runoff was dirty.

The rest of us cleaned up the debris, then I, with Aram, went to work on solidifying the sagging patio roof where a support was threatening to break.  I had spent half the night thinking about it.  One of the options was to jam another post under that area but I don't trust the small cement pad under there and I didn't want to create a second problem.  So we used existing boards I had saved and this should hold the problem for now.

I also had a piece of aluminum 2x2 which was sufficient for Javier to lift a portion of the lavanderia run-off area so it will work properly.  And he cleaned up the patio roof and replaced broken tiles, so it is a good thing that we had bought a good supply.  We were mostly done by 10am.  Javier charged 150,000 pesos ($40.70 USD) for all his work and I was happy to pay him.  I knew that this would be his asking price, and I was tempted to overpay him, but I know we will use him again if we ever have a problem, so it is better to pay what he asks without question, to build the proper rapport.

Aram had to leave early to attend to family matters but had returned at 4pm to finish the clean-up.  The yard looks good once again, as does the patio roof.  The only negative is that now the second neighbour has too good a view of the upper part of our yard and I valued the privacy that the big tree provided.  I had to severely retrim my lovely rosebush so that there now only appears to be one bud.  Some insect loves the extremities and makes the leaves curl so they can nest.  I had to cut all that off so now the bush is only 5' tall, no longer 7'.

Outlander has posted a Season 5 on Netflix so I am happily watching that.  I see that they are bringing back another villain from the dead which is something I do not particularly care for.  Villains must be cats.. 9 lives, all of them.

We went to the cemetery and placed our own roses on Christian's grave.  We checked the two gas stations south of us because Cristina heard they had gas for sale, but that was yesterday, not today.

We checked out a new "Fruver" vegetable and fruit stall but they had nice, but very limited stock.  We will have to do another veggie run tomorrow so it will be interesting what we find.

I hope you enjoy the pictures, all backwards, again....  That was the day’s excitement.

Al

******

© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 

If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.

NOTE  that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.


 

Cemetery view never grows old

Our own roses

Lovely adornment

Now the neighbour can see me in my skivvies, grrrr

Javier is excellent to work with

Aram and Cristina helping out

The main beam repair

The secondary beam repair

There was a lot of overhang to be eliminated

Javier gets right to work