Sunday, May 9, 2021

Sunday May 9, 2021 Birding

SUBSCRIBING ON THE RIGHT  stops in July ??   >>>>>>>>>>

To be safe, PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.

Please see more of my artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/

******

Sunday May 9, 2021

Our dog walk was a little later this morning because I felt tired.  Almost immediately we were met with dog like Don Cherry's "Blue", eye-patch and all.  It followed us for the whole walk, wanting to play.  We had a good rain last night so the area in front of Charlie's (and Pinto's) pasture was a lake to skirt.

I don't know why, but I just went back to bed for another 5 hours.  I really needed a recharge.  With this being Mother's Day, I certainly didn't need to add to the hubbub by submitting my usual 2 pics to RedBubble, FAA and FaceBook.

BTW, Happy Mother's Day to all the wonderful mothers out there, and in heaven too.  Mom, you are missed.

We are still housebound by the never-ending strike that is sure to decline in popularity soon.  It is sad that Latinos are so self-centered from birth that a neighbor's plight means nothing.  It is only when the strikers start dying themselves and realize how much wages they have given up that they might allow the country to function again.  I am not against a proper strike against a Government.  I am against the hostage-taking of the populace at large by violent means and the criminal denial of basic necessities. 

So, to make something useful today, I parked a chair closer to the main bird feeder and stayed quiet and took pictures.  I saw another new bird today called a "Plain-colored Tanager", but it is anything but plain.  We also had 3 "Shiny Cowbirds" join the fray.  I am going to start a list of all the birds we capture and are able to identify.

I finished the series "Marcella" on NetFlix which was recommended by a niece.  She said it was "intense", and it definitely is riveting.  Personally, I enjoyed the first 2 seasons a lot, but not so much Season 3 which gets into a lot more dream sequences, which I abhor. 

I hope you enjoy the pictures (Half are backwards).  That was the day’s excitement.

Al

******

© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 

If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.

NOTE that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.


 

 

Golden Silk Spider

Mrs Vermilion Flycatcher

Plethora of roses

Stunning beauty

Feeder gets busy

Mrs VF

Mrs VF

 

GSS

GSS on orange tree

Mr VF

Plain-colored Tanager

Mr VF

He's a pepper

Saffron Finch

 

A Shiny Cowbird

Another SC

Common Ruddy Ground Doves

Wings up are to claim territory

Another SC

SC

We had 3 today

They seem social enough

Mrs VF

Mrs VF

Mrs VF

Our supervisor, Killer