Thursday, May 27, 2021

Thursday May 27, 2021 Chances

SUBSCRIBING ON THE RIGHT  stops in July ??   >>>>>>>>>>

To be safe, PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.

Please see more of my artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/

******

Thursday May 27, 2021

There is just so much confusion about where and when demonstrations/strikes are supposed to take place that it is tough to plan anything.  Cristina was certain something was supposed to happen today (I read a notice this was happening Friday) so she figured Bancolombia would be closed.  But our CD expired today and I insisted on checking early this morning so we drove into Tulua.  It appeared that the highway around the city was open but, with no traffic coming from the other way, I doubted it...  The KIA dealership had removed all the tarps that they had installed yesterday on all their windows....   Everyplace normally open was opening as usual.  And, Bancolombia was indeed open.  We arrived at 7:50, doors opened 8am, Cristina saw the consultant at 8:30 and we were out at 9am.  If I had known that the interest rate for a 6-month CD had dropped to 1.35% I would have just withdrawn the money......  Oh well, we have 6 months more to figure out how to make it make us an income.  At the rate the peso is dropping (good for our Canadian dollar buying power though), we are losing money, not gaining anything by leaving it in the bank at such a ridiculous rate.  We need to buy something of value that will appreciate.

We stopped at Bizcochito for a quick brunch, always fast and cheap, before heading back home.  We like it there, except you can't eat without being pestered by beggars and salesmen.

Salvador is not eating much, but drinking water, and is still being taken to the vet for intravenous feeding.  The vomiting has lessened a lot and there is little blood.  He sleeps at my feet all day.  I hope that he turns the corner soon.

I had to clean and replenish the hummingbird feeders and filled them up with less nectar because the feeders are so big and the nectar just goes bad when it is not consumed.  The amount of birds in our backyard seems to grow daily.

I am watching Suburra: Blood on Rome on Netflix but the last episode ended with such a completely improbable sequence that I may just quit watching it.  Trying to stretch our capability for the absurd just doesn't work....

I would hope that you could enjoy my pictures today IF Blogger would upload them properly today, and quit giving me idiot "unexplained error" messages after every try.  Even a complete restart did not solve it.  I will upload the text now and try to add the photos in a bit...  Even that didn't work.   Maybe later....

UPDATE:  Success this next morning but uploaded in 2 sections, and both came up backwards, not that it matters that much...

That was the day’s excitement.

Al

******

© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 

If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.

NOTE  that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.

 

 

 

Common Ruddy Ground Dove

Golden Silk Spider

GSS

Rose opening nicely

Saffron Finch

SF

Brunching at Bizcochito

SF

Feeding

SF

GSS

Shiny Cowbird

SC

SC