Saturday, May 1, 2021

Saturday May 1, 2021 Nesting

SUBSCRIBING ON THE RIGHT  stops in July ??   >>>>>>>>>>

To be safe, PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.

Please see more of my artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/

******

Saturday May 1, 2021

The birds were active this morning and I was so pleased to find that Mr and Mrs Vermilion Flycatcher were setting up residence in the farthest orange tree, a truly tiny nest.  They were taking turns sitting there, sprucing it up, so I didn't dare get close enough to see if they had eggs.  I doubted it, because they would both leave the nest for short periods..

I broke open the Sharp Cheddar Cheese to have a lunch with crackers which was another little blast from the past for the tastebuds.

Cristina wanted to go out for tamales so I somehow managed to give her the impression that I would take her when I asked her if she would mind going to the Pharmacy too...  So, off we went.  First, they were out of tamales so she was disappointed.  We stopped at D-Uno for some needed milk and I made the mistake of letting her go alone, because we had brought Turi along...  She just can't grab one item and go to the till...  Everybody that went in after her came out before her, like usual.

Our next stop was the Pharmacy where I got more MultiVitamins they said compared to Centrum Silver, which they didn't have, and I bought the last of their Melatonin for sleeping.  Cristina then got her complement of drugs and I asked if she didn't need diapers for Ana Julia because today was May 1.  So, 438,000 pesos ($117 USD) later, we finally got out of there.  And their ringing up of the purchases was so deadly slow...  While we were in there a noisy May day parade went by and I had forgotten my camera at home...

We went by Huellas to get more dry dog food and they were closed, part of the lockdown business I guess.  Not a great shopping day.

Once home, I spoke to David about coming tomorrow to watch Formula 1 and MotoGP at 9am and offered to bring some Cheddar Smokies.  Cristina warned of going on the highways this weekend yet and David agreed, it would not be wise to chance it.  There is nowhere to turn around until you reach Tulua and getting in a traffic jam is no fun.  Crazies (army??) are reported to stoning cars too.  I really don't need that shit happening.  I think that I can watch the racing here anyway on ESPN.

I have prepared my Garmin and my phone with Waze and Google maps to get to the Armenia airport even though I have memorized the route for Monday morning.  I don't want to take any chances.

I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.

Al

******

© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 

If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.

NOTE that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.

 

Roses galore

Golden Silk Spider

GSS

GSS

GSS

GSS

GSS

GSS

Kiskadee

Bird feeder is busy above

and even busier below

Mr Vermilion Flycatcher

Mrs Vermilion Flycatcher at the new nest

Kiskadee and Dove

Mrs VF

New Hibiscus

Dove on high

Grigi, Nina 2, Nina 1

Mr VF at the nest

Doing interior decorating

Sharing the load

Handsome dude

Gotta love his colors

Will have to watch for eggs...

A Sharp Cheddar treat