Monday, May 17, 2021

Monday May 17, 2021 Tulua

SUBSCRIBING ON THE RIGHT  stops in July ??   >>>>>>>>>>

To be safe, PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.

Please see more of my artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/

******

Monday May 17, 2021

We had a nice rain last evening, overnight, and this morning so the dogs missed their walk.  However it wasn't the type of deluges that formed our lakes.

I was so bored, I stupidly decided to try to deliver Ana Julia's diapers by taking the back road into Tulua, via Campo Alegre.  What is usually a 16 km round trip took 48 kms, partly because remembering the way back was tricky.  We were driving through sugar cane country on badly pot-holed paved roads, very slowly.

We hit torrential rain entering Tulua and fought large runoff in the streets to get to our destination.  Luckily Miguel came out with an umbrella to get the diapers from our hatchback.  The water on the street was really deep and we would have gotten soaked..

Going back, I tried to find a shortcut but it was blocked so I tried finding another but we ended up doing virtually the reverse trip, losing our way, and finding it again.  Cristina kept saying I was on the wrong road until she recognized a gas station we had passed that was open and selling gas.  We bought gas at this Texaco station, then the fun began..  One underpass was full of water but a car ahead of me made it through so I took a run at it as well,... and made it.  We didn't want to be held hostage in Tulua!

Then we hit a second underpass, even more swollen, and 2 cars hesitating to go.  I should have filmed the crazy guy driving my car, swerving around the 2 chickens, and praying like hell to keep traction to get through.  Water was above the grille, 1/2 way up the doors, and the car was threatening to stall right in the middle...............  I kept pressure on the gas pedal and Lizzie responded, just keeping enough grip to climb the other side.  I didn't want to let on to Cristina how scared I was.  I would have felt pretty darn foolish if we had stalled there without fishing rods.  But, the Lord hates a coward and a little water wasn't going to keep us from our appointed rounds....

Onward and upward.

Finished Season 5 of Outlander.  Sad there isn't more.  Now viewing a series I downloaded, Medici: The Magnificent.  I enjoy it except for the ultra-confusing bouncing back and forth in time....

I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.

Al

******

© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 

If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.

NOTE  that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.


 

Campo Alegre roads are good

They got much worse after this

Finding an open gas station was a bonus.