Sunday, May 23, 2021

Sunday May 23, 2021 Diversions

SUBSCRIBING ON THE RIGHT  stops in July ??   >>>>>>>>>>

To be safe, PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.

Please see more of my artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/

******

Sunday May 23, 2021

My guy in Formula 1, Charles LeClerc, won the pole position in his first try at the 3rd qualification runs in his home country of Monaco yesterday.  The bad thing is that he crashed into the wall on his second try, wrecking his car to the point that he could not race today...  So very disappointing to me and his local fans.  Max Verstappen inherited the pole position and basically ran from wire-to-wire to win.  He wrested the Driving Championship lead from perrenial winner Lewis Hamilton who finished a disappointing 7th.

This morning we jumped in the car with our large bag of recycle to take to Gilma and her daughter Carmen, the ex-in-laws of Cristina's.  I even let Turi come along and promptly forgot my phone and both cameras...  This forgetfulness is happening way too often lately.

We spent a few minutes there trading the recycle for a single bottle capable of holding gasoline for our Chappy.  Carlos came over with his dog Nina and Cristina took Nina for a walk.  We enjoyed our chat with the family and the nephews who are growing so tall.

We backtracked a bit because we had seen tamales for sale as we went by and wanted to get one for Cristina before they sold out.  We made it just in time.

We made a quick run to the cemetery but there were no flowers for sale as we had expected, probably a result of the damned blockades.

Then it was a stop at the drug store which always takes 4 times longer for Cristina because she has to ask a bunch of questions and check out this and that.  It is so annoying to have to wait for this every darn time.  Latin Americans have zero respect for other people's time.

The next stop was the gas station to get gas in the bottle for Chappy.  We paid $1.33 USD for a little over 1/2 gallon.   A gas comparison website shows us about 1/2 Canada's price.  The USA is in between.

Since we were close by, I decided to get more fried chicken for myself for lunch at about 50c for a piece chicken breast meat.  This meant that I will have eaten the same meals, all day, for 3 days running...  Fried chicken lunch, and my cabbage salad for supper followed by Popcorn while watching NetFlix.  It is so easy to get into a rut, lol.

Out back, we really have no roses at the moment and the Vermilion Flycatchers seem to have abandoned the orange tree.  The antics of the Golden Silk Spiders continue to amaze.  The other birds are flocking to the feeders and Tom Thumb still makes his appearances.

Over the last couple of days, I researched the best War Movies of all time.  Many I already have, like The Guns Of Navarone, The Dirty Dozen, The Bridge On The River Kwai, and so on.  I have a few good ones that weren't on the list too, like The Devil's Brigade, but I wanted to see what the list would show.  So I ended up downloading about 7 starting with Sergeant York and All Quiet On The Western Front.  As I age, I have a greater appreciation for the horrors of war and many of these movies are graphic portrayals of man's inhumanity to man.  We need to remind ourselves to stay out of useless, endless wars that only serve the greed of the elite.  We need to stop the warmongers.

Anyway, happy Sunday all.

I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.

Al

******

© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 

If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.

NOTE  that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.

 

Golden Silk Spider wrapping a meal to go

GSS

GSS

GSS

GSS

GSS

Saffron Finch

Birds mingling

Common Ruddy Ground Dove

SF