Wednesday, May 26, 2021

Wednesday May 26, 2021 Happenings

SUBSCRIBING ON THE RIGHT  stops in July ??   >>>>>>>>>>

To be safe, PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.

Please see more of my artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/

******

Wednesday May 26, 2021

Negro, the street dog, spent the night in the living room without incident.  He is such a good dog, but he was happy to get back outside when we opened the door for our walk at 4:30am.  He didn't follow us for long.

After Wednesday extra chores, I trimmed the roses where we only have one rosebud opening at the moment but there is evidence that more should be on the way soon.

Then I grabbed my ladder and machete and trimmed the plantain trees of dying leaves.  We should be able to harvest one bunch of plantains soon.

I saw a lovely Blue-grey Tanager out back but he was gone before I could return with the Nikon.

Cristina talked me into going into Tulua again.  We could not skirt the city like I usually like to do because the police had that part of the road shut off.  Drat.  So we had to wind our way through downtown traffic to do some shopping at Olympica and Canaveral.  The main purpose of the trip was to stock up on her laxative tea but mostly empty shelves stared back at us.  We did get some food for dogs and birds, and popcorn to pop for me.  

Stores with big windows (including our KIA dealership) were covering them up against vandalism because big strikes and marches are planned today, tomorrow, and Friday to protest the murders of many strikers.  

And, bad news, ....we probably have to go in to our Bank tomorrow morning to renew our CD....  I am definitely NOT looking forward to that.

When leaving our parking lot, the attendant pointed out that our front licence plate was missing, and it appeared that it had been forcibly twisted off.  I have no idea when it occurred so I emailed the local Transit Police with photos and they acknowledged, so I should be OK.

Little Salvador is better but not eating so that meant another trip to the vet for some intravenous nourishment.  He is asleep most of the day, moves very little, so I don't have a good outlook for his survival, poor old guy.

I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.

Al

******

© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 

If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.

NOTE  that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.


 

Solitary rosebud

Plantains are trimmed

Golden Silk Spider

GSS

GSS x 2

GSS

GSS

GSS

GSS

4 critters

The 2 Ninas

Grigi, Buddy and Turi

Licence plate stolen.....