Saturday, May 29, 2021

Saturday May 29, 2021 Be-leaf

SUBSCRIBING ON THE RIGHT  stops in July ??   >>>>>>>>>>

To be safe, PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.

Please see more of my artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/

******

Saturday May 29, 2021

Happy 105th Birthday dear Mom.  We miss playing Tile Rummy with you.

Poor little Salvador died at my feet this morning, unable to fight any longer.  He was very old and his systems were failing him.  He would cuddle only for a short while and then always be near our feet, and fall asleep on our shoes.  We didn't have him for that long, but he knew that he was loved and that we wanted to give him the best quality of life in his final months.  He is missed.  RIP Salvador.

After chores, I gave the big bougainvillea bush at the back a major trim.  It was taking up a lot of space and I want to encourage it to take over the back wall, which it has begun.   Hopefully it will look great in a few months.

Cristina was napping so I decided to try my version of an old family quick lunch which, at the time, was open-faced Velveeta cheese on bread, broiled until the cheese started to get black spots.  Us kids used to make this when the parents were away a lot.  I had discovered the other day, when experimenting with a burger, that the Pepper Jack cheese that I had bought at PriceSmart melts just like Mozzarella!  So, frozen bread, with heavy slices of PJ cheese, topped with slices of a single Cheddar cheese stuffed Smokie... (substituting for Pepperoni) to make a spicy, tasty pizza....  Even Cristina really enjoyed it, as did the dogs.  I wish that I had all the fixings to make MonteCristo sandwiches....  I just salivate thinking about those...

I sat out back and waited for Tom Thumb who kept avoiding me.  I took a video of him in the mango tree but it was too dark to be useable.  While sitting there, I became mesmerized by a mango leaf that looked like it was levitating in tin air, backed by a glorious blue sky.  Of course it was caught on a couple of Golden Silk Spider web strands but it looked amazing so I took a couple of short videos and combined them.

https://youtu.be/Qb9iqGTaUGc

I just read that the Government is going to deploy police and military to remove the blockades as the negotiators would not, as part of the ongoing negotiations.  It is about time that the hooligans are routed and transportation can get back to normal.  Holding the citizenry hostage is not endearing them to many although Colombians seem curiously sympathetic because it is seen as a way to stop extra taxation by the Government.

I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.

Al

******

© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 

If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.

NOTE  that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.

 

Needs another minute in the mocrowave.

Aaahhh, Now we're done... Yummy!

Our single rose is so pretty

especially from this angle

Golden Silk Spider

GSS

GSS

GSS

Bougainvillea trimmed and rising

GSS

Be-leaf in me, walking on air

My gorgeous Grigi

My survivor Killer