Tuesday, May 25, 2021

Tuesday May 25, 2021 OPEN!

SUBSCRIBING ON THE RIGHT  stops in July ??   >>>>>>>>>>

To be safe, PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.

Please see more of my artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/

******

Tuesday May 25, 2021

I figured out that going to bed around 10:30 works best for me to rise at 4:30am.  Going to bed earlier just means I wake up earlier, and more often.

Salvador is better today, sleeping a lot, but no more bloody vomits.  Cristina and Claudia are back trying to help the street dog, Negro, because of a reoccurrence of his genital tumours.  He is resting in our living room as we write this, having had a chemo injection and is a little groggy.

So, after a decent sleep, I marshalled the information and documents required and went online to request Colombian citizenship.  The site is a bit unwieldy and seemed to have information embedded from my earlier Cedula application done by Luz Dary in Pereira.  I managed to get everything done right except one spot where it would not let me eliminate/amend one spot showing Cuenca, Ecuador as a residence.  I hope that with all the supporting documentation that they will realize our proper residence is here, as it is shown in many other locations.

The real fun began when I went to pay for the application, over 700,000 pesos ($187 USD).  It is almost impossible to use our Bancolombia Debit Card because good sites require the 3-digit security code, which that darn card hasn't got.  So I went to my CIBC credit card and, after about 4 tries, it seemed to go, then I got a message that it was rejected and to contact my bank...  So I called the number on my card long distance (500 free minutes on my plan but I pay for 1-800 numbers, go figure...).  Sure enough, they had blocked the transaction, so after answering a million security questions they reset my account to accept another try.

I had fun getting back into the right spot to do it again, but finally it was accepted and they have my paid application.  I hope that I have better response time than Aram has been getting.  It sure would be nice to have this done by August, and the airlines and Government also accepting vaccination documents.  Then I would travel in September while the weather is nice but airfares are cheaper.

Speaking of Aram, he sent me a WhatsApp video as follows:

 

He is showing us that the barricades to Tulua are taken down!  You can see the damage to the highway from the strikers' fires.  So, later, I decided that we should check it out and go to Power Pizza, with Turi in tow.  Traffic both ways was a very good sign and the highway was damaged in those spots just like in the video.  Power Pizza was closed, so was the German restaurant, so we just turned back home.

The places of the barricades at Tulua are patrolled by police and military.

Apparently the road to Buga is still closed,  Don't know about BugaLaGrande. 

Tomorrow is supposed to be a big march to honour the slain and missing persons at the blockades.  Friday is supposed to be demonstrations too.  I am staying put.

We stopped and got a few veggies at a roadside market, came home and I had a craving to make my own hamburger for supper.  Delicious, but I would rather have had pizza....

I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.

Al

******

© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 

If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.

NOTE  that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.


Negro getting comfy

Salvador was much better today