Friday, May 21, 2021

Friday May 21, 2021 Birds

SUBSCRIBING ON THE RIGHT  stops in July ??   >>>>>>>>>>

To be safe, PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.

Please see more of my artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/

******

Friday May 21, 2021

One month until summer...  The trouble is, here, every day of the year is pretty much like the day before.

We made a quick trip to the cemetery before heading to Huellas to get that big bag of dog food.  On short trip we often take Turi with us because she is a quiet and good dog who stays close.  She is smart too.  Whenever she sees me putting on my sandals, she knows an outing is possible and she is immediately at my side, waving her keister in anticipation.   It is hard to say no after her impressive performance.

Apparently the strikers have called for another official protest day on next Wednesday.  Near Buga, 2 blockaders were shot to death by a couple of guys that needed to get by the blockade.  At this point, I have no sympathy at all for the blockaders.  I agree with many of the reasons for the strike but hurting your fellow citizens for weeks on end is not the answer.

It is often a surprise when I look at my photos on the computer and realize that I have captured something unexpected, and today was no exception.  I thought that I was shooting just the Shiny Cowbird, Saffron Finches and the Common Ruddy Ground Doves.  But closer inspection revealed a new bird, a female Yellow-Hooded Blackbird!  Thank God for Merlin to help me make the identifications.  I take a photo of my screen with my phone and the Merlin app identifies the bird right, 9 times out of 10.

It was a clear, warm day, supposedly the warmest this week, and I always had my own saying,.."Eventually we pay for the heat" in the form of a good storm.  So we had a nice little thunderstorm this afternoon to cool us off nicely.

I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.

Al

******

© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 

If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.

NOTE  that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.

 

2 cowbirds, 1 SF, 1 CRGD, and the new bird

It is a female Yellow-Hooded Blackbird (olive color)

Second white rose in bloom

Peach rose seems peaked

Another angle

Golden Silk Spider

GSS

GSS

This web looks like a whirlpool

GSS

Impressive creatures

Tom Thumb

TT

TT

Our great cemetery

Our faithful passenger.