Monday, May 3, 2021

Monday May 5, 2021 Protests

SUBSCRIBING ON THE RIGHT  stops in July ??   >>>>>>>>>>

To be safe, PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.

Please see more of my artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/

******

Monday May 5, 2021

I was up at 4:15 to walk the dogs but halted in my tracks because it was raining.  I did my exercises and chores quickly and checked online for news of road problems in the area.  The Michelin route guide, updated to the minute, said that traffic jams existed in every direction, and all the way to the Armenia airport where I was supposed to drive Aram at 7am.  I took a screenshot and sent it to them, recommnding they change appointments and flights to next week.  They seemed to agree, then about 8:30am I get a message from Aram that he is Armenia, headed to the airport!  Liliana's friend offered to drive and would turn around if things got hairy... he didn't bother to contact me back because he didn't want anything to happen to me or my car...  He did make it to Bogota in the end so I am relieved on all fronts.

Besides the lockdowns which are largely ignored, there has been a long, ongoing strike by indigenous against the Government, joined by unions, truckers, police, and hooligans.  They taunt those who don't join them with eggs and stones.  They block roads, attack Government installations (like the toll booths) with impunity and the police and army do nothing.  They are beginning to get shortages of things in areas where deliveries are not being allowed.

David said that his maid was not able to get through and that Alex came to his place 40 minutes by bicycle because he dared not go by car or motorcycle, and he lives just on the edge of Tulua!

Cristina heard that our entrance to Tulua was open so we intended to go in to pay my health insurance.  We turned onto the highway and immediately saw vehicles returning the wrong way in our lane.  We asked the first truck and he confirmed that the road was blocked.  There is only one ridiculous escape route for 8 kms so I am so glad that we found out right away at the turnaround to come straight back.  These protests do more harm than good to people who just want to do their normal routines in life.  So it completely mysifies me how Aram made it to Armenia.  Pure dumb luck I think.

So, in Andalucia, we paid bills, picked up my veggies, and got our supply of dry dog food.  I picked up some yummy cheese buns at the local panaderia to have another scrumptious lunch of Cheddar Smokies....

It was amazing at the number of people out on the streets and in the stores...  You would think that it was a holiday or something.

I got really lucky in the backyard for some bird photos today, although I missed Tom Thumb's sorties.  He enjoys sneaking in behind my back and zipping off when I turn.

 It is getting depressing to think that we may not even get to travel in September and will probably have to fight with the airlines holding our money.

I had written 3 days ago to our hospital in BugaLaGrande with a follow-up, and they have yet to respond about when I can get my second dose.  At least that may help with future travel and help flatten the stupid curve.

I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.

Al

******

© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 

If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.

NOTE that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.

 

Not often that we see a crow



Mrs Vermilion Flycatcher was busy





Finches scattering birdseed to the ground for others

A new wasp that isn't the usual black




What a great treat