Wednesday, April 28, 2021

Wednesday April 28, 2021 Strike

SUBSCRIBING ON THE RIGHT  stops in July ??   >>>>>>>>>>

To be safe, PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.

Please see more of my artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/

******

Wednesday April 28, 2021

I walked the dogs and then went to the Gym.  My machine was in working order but no longer swiveled like before, which it is supposed to do, but I didn't want to interrupt Alejandro who appeared to have his hands full.  I manage to do my exercises in spite of its rigidity.  I encountered the black dog Negro on my exit which was nice.

Our multi-coloured roses continue to bloom unabated as I try to keep them trimmed from going over 6' tall.  I notice a hint of buds on the peach rose again so we await those too.

Our newest little man, Salvador, has been responding incredibly to his chemotherapy treatments and his tumours are drastically reduced, hardly noticeable!  I am now a believer in chemo for dogs, it has worked on several of ours, but I doubt that I would ever allow it on myself.  Salvador is in such vigor the he and and Nene seem to be competing for Turi's affection as she may be be having a touch of heat, even though she has been spayed.

We had no water again from before 10am to 2:30pm.  Grrrrrrrr

Cristina wanted to go to Rio Frio to visit and I had agreed because it is not the weekend when traffic is crazy.  We had both forgotten that there was a massive Union-sponsored strike today and roads are blocked everywhere.  Omaira had been to Tulua on her scooter and said it was chaos, and to stay away.  Gladly!

I took a chance and did something a little different today, chancing my focusing, hand-held, to take 2 roughly one-minute videos of 2 different Golden Silk Spiders actually spinning their webs, absolutely fascinating stuff.  They are both quite clear so we can see how this incredible creature works.  Have a look please:

https://youtu.be/ecvSu5lp3x8

https://youtu.be/mlCU-g4_Vt8

Aram came again today to get final? documents printed that he needs to go to Bogota on Monday to get his medical to get him travel documents to the USA.  The poor guy has so darn many emails and documents floating round, I don't know how he can possibly keep it all straight.  He would have been absolutely lost trying to do this without my help for the past year.

I tried to find a Season 2 to "Black Sun" that I finished watching last night and it is not available.  Season 1 tied off most loose ends quite nicely so it would be interesting to see where another season would lead.

While I was looking in my movie file, I saw the frustrating copy of "The Searchers", said to be John Wayne's best movie??!!  It was in a strange MKV format that did not want to play properly, freezing the image while the sound carried on.  I took a chance, and it took a while, because it is a huge file, but I used my "Any Video Converter" program to change it to an MP4 format.  This was still running while I dealt with Aram's documents.  I checked it briefly and it appears wonderful on the computer so I intend to watch it with Aram tonight when he returns at 6pm.

I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.

Al

******

© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 

If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.

NOTE that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.


 

How gorgeous is this?

And look at the new buds coming.

Mrs Saffron Finch

Another shot

Love those colours

Common Ruddy Ground Dove

Our Nina

My stunning Grigi

Lorena and Lina's Nina

Golden Silk Spider at work

and another

Mr Vermilion Flycatcher