Tuesday, April 6, 2021

Tuesday April 6, 2021 Time

SUBSCRIBING ON THE RIGHT  is schizophrenic again… ??   >>>>>>>>>>

To be safe, PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.

Please see more of my artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/

******

Tuesday April 6, 2021

Yesterday I walked the dogs and went to the gym, only to find it closed..  They were also closed Friday, (Saturday?) and Sunday already... now Monday....  I was not impressed.

Time keeps flying by and I still can't believe that I really am in South America, nine and a half years!   I am really turning into a Grumpy Gus.  I need to travel soon.

I took another look at that tree damaged in the mini-windstorm Friday and conferred with Cristina.  I didn't think it would ever straighten again on its own, it didn't add much, other than a bit of shade and a lot of debris, and I was worried that it would pull down our wires that hold the hummingbird feeders....  So we chopped it down....  Now maybe the papaya trees will grow better too.

Cristina thought that she had missed the delivery of my package but they left no notices, didn't call, and there is no mention on the tracking page...  I am not impressed with these UPS guys.

I spent yesterday checking out lists of Classic old movies and decided to download a few, which takes a lot of time.  Aram came over to watch a movie in the evening and downed 5 beer in little over an hour and made several bathroom trips.  That won't be happening again here.

This morning it was raining so the dogs didn't get a walk, I slept in for a bit and didn't feel like dressing up for gym.  Seriously, the dressing up is harder on me that the workout!   I really need slip-on runners.....  Putting on socks just about kills me.... lol.

Today is the day that the sun is directly over our town and at noon we have no shadow.  I tried to take some pics but it was pretty cloudy and ineffective.

Aram borrowed our vacuum and water hose to do major cleanups at their new place.  Of course the vacuum needed a good cleaning by me beforehand.

We paid my cel bill and went into Tulua to pay my health insurance, $23.37 USD at today's rates.  I am very pleased with the healthcare I get at the BugaLaGrande EPS clinic and hospital, and I just got a free Covid shot....

We continued on to Olympica and got more liver products, especially for Zorra who is old, has incontinencem poor blood, and really bad skin which we are treating, at the vet's suggestion, with olive oil.  We had lunch there and I was surprised to get a sandwich bun with 3 pieces of meat and a generous slab of cheese for $0.83 USD....  I should have lunch there every day.

After a stop at D-Uno for more laundry soap, snacks, and milk we got home to our appreciative gang.

When the Correa government in 2012 in Ecuador stole our money in the political closure of the Coopera Credit Union, we have been battling for reimbursement very loudly.  They have been selling off assets, paying ridiculous fees to administer the fiasco, suborned the courts, and returning money to us in dribs and drabs.  We are fortunate in that we are close to recouping the original savings (without interest) and another payout is underway.  I had a Power-of-Attorney drawn up before I left in 2018 to give my ex, Bella, the right to handle things on our behalf since the balance owing is technically in my name.  Lo and behold, they inform her that the POA expired in 2019, only good for one year!!!!!!!  And we paid an exhorbitant rate for that darn document...!!!!  Our lawyer, Carlos Heredia, himself a big Coopera loser, just got a nasty missive from me to fix that mistake at no cost.....  Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.

Al

******

© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 

If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.

NOTE that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.


 

Big lunch for 86c

Shadow when sun is directly above...

Stunning rosebud

Rosebud opening

Gorgeous wet rose

Golden Silk Spider

G
GSS

GSS

Tom Thumb

TT

TT

TT

TT

TT