Sunday, April 18, 2021

Sunday April 18, 2021 Racing

SUBSCRIBING ON THE RIGHT  stops in July ??   >>>>>>>>>>

To be safe, PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.

Please see more of my artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/

******

Sunday April 18, 2021

So much for a total lockdown...  What a farce!  I had made an explanation with a photo of David with his oxygen tubes just in case I was stopped trying to leave Andalucia.  It wasn't needed.  The only cop I saw was buying donuts while I was buying dessert....

They are repaving the highway again between Andalucia and Tulua, using the obscene money that they make at the road tolls.  That is one part of government that does work... and the graft must be enormous.

Wolf and David always arrange for sandwiches from Berthold's restaurant, while I have taken to bringing dessert.  My panaderia did not have my usual chicharon so I asked for the 2 next sweetest pastries which were with Arequipe.  After the sandwich, I couldn't even finish my 2 pastries.  I am still in pain from trying to eat it all.  Lots of pastries left over.

Formula 1 racing today began from the Ferrari track in Italy, in the rain.  That always makes for unpredictable results.  On pole was World Champion Hamilton, followed by the RedBull teammates Verstappen and Perez, then my guy LeClerc.  LeClerc saved his spinout for the warm-up lap.  Verstappen got a big jump off the line and never looked back in spite of yellow flag delays and a red flag stoppage.  Crashes were indeed the tale of the day, especially Russell and Bottas taking each other out.  Any tire catching the edge of the wet grass was a recipe for disaster.  Some drivers excelled but none matched the grit and determination of World Champion Hamilton who had a spinout into the gravel sending him far down the standings but fought his way back to second, challenging for the win.  LeClerc was back and forth and stayed in fourth.  Congrats Max Verstappen.

Following that, we watched MotoGP from Portugal.  My main guy, Marc Marquez finally came back from his big injuries and surgeries.  Riding and leaning from side to side at 200mph, with heart rates over 160 for an hour straight takes its toll.  For a while Marquez was in the thick of it, even being second at one time, but finishing 7th.  Hats off to him for the grit to fight through the pain.  My #2 guy, Fabio Quartararo, had the pole but gave it up, dropping back to 6th for a while.  But he brilliantly worked his way to the front again and won the race handily.  2 of the top 4 had late crashes, Rins and Zarco, and crushed their podium chances.  Perrenial favourite, "The Doctor", Valentino Rossi, also crashed out.  All in all, a very exciting day of racing!

I finished that book last night, and then watched some UFC, tired of the time wasted between fights and switched to  watch the oldie "The Third Man", expecting to get another decent sleep out of that.  I was wrong.

I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.

Al

******

© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 

If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.

NOTE that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.

 

New pavement in progress

Exciting start in Italy

Vertsappen in the lead, in the rain

LeClerc sneaks up to 3rd but can't hold

They get over 300 kph in stretches

Hamilton spins out but is not done.

Russell and Bottas have a bad skirmish

Big damage, lots of debris, red flag stops the race.

At the stoppage, the line-up is interesting, LeClerc 2nd

These cars are definitely done for the day

Last lap and Hamilton has been challenging

Great finish

Great driving today

Now sunny Portugal for MotoGP

Marc Marquz is back!!  How exciting!!

He qualified in 6th position.  Amazing!

Quartararo has a bad start, drops to 6th

Frenchman Zarco leads

Marquez is an astonishing 3rd

Quartararo has fought back to take the lead!!!

He is literally flying!

Rins crashes

Zarco crashes

My guys end up 1st and 7th.  Yippee!