Sunday, April 4, 2021

Saturday April 3, 2021 Trip South #1

SUBSCRIBING ON THE RIGHT  is schizophrenic again… ??   >>>>>>>>>>

To be safe, PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.

Please see more of my artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/

******

Saturday April 3, 2021

John was here at 6:15am to get me and by 6:30 we had picked up Igor at David's.  John always likes to drive and he has a Natural Gas car so it is very economical.  I don't mind letting someone else drive, especially when going on bad roads.  Sitting in the back seat is not fun for our 13 hour day but we managed.  This trip was, after all, to show Igor more of our country because I seriously thing that he is thinking of moving to live here. 

Note that, because of the number of pictures I will post 2 Blogs for the day.

Our route was fluid and we decided to start with heading to Lago Calima, the long lake in the Andes Mountains coastal cordillera west of Buga.  The morning weather was dreary, blustery and cool.  John and I were overdressed so we were comfortable, but Igor was in shorts and t-shirt so he cold for the whole morning.  We drove with the windows down for virtually the whole trip and only used AC for about 5 minutes.

We found that John had brought along a fourth passenger, an orphaned baby weasel that he was weaning after it had lost its mother and 4 siblings.  He said that he was having success.  The man's heart is as big as the universe.

The sky above the lake was a shapeless patch of grey and then it finally started to change.  From there we headed along very narrow roads to Restrepo, an industrious little town where we hunted for something to eat.  I had my heart set on haing chicharon at Lago Calima but the usual restaurant was closed so John did a search of Restrepo and found a place that served it and they had another dish.

From there we went by Pavas and La Cumbre heading for Yumbo, just outside Cali, which none of us wanted to enter, and headed for the beauty of Palmira.

I will finish processing the balance of the photos and do a second Blog later.  

Blogger is making my life miserable again as I try to put the photos here.  It errors when I try to do them all at once and, when I try to split them, it uploads each section backwards, AGAIN.  My apologies.

I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.

Al

******

© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 

If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.

NOTE that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.





Flowering tree at Lago Calima

Lago Calima

We were not alone

A very mooooo-ving photo

The sky was starting to show up better

Gorgeous scenery

Dreary sky, low clouds west of Buga

Orchids near Restrepo

Delicious chicharon meal, very decadent.

Restrepo meat merchants

Restrepo church

Lago Calima looking toward the dam.

Lago Calima

Our tiny extra passenger

A ferry? with wires on Rio Cauca

Colombian Chachalaca
Pretty waterfall near Pavas

Scary Scarecrow

Trees

Near Pavas?

Smooth-Billed Ani

Tree and sky at Palmira

Palmira

Palmira

Palmira

Great driveway near Palmira airport