Saturday, April 10, 2021

Saturday April 10, 2021 Salvador

SUBSCRIBING ON THE RIGHT  is schizophrenic again… ??   >>>>>>>>>>

To be safe, PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.

Please see more of my artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/

******

Saturday April 10, 2021

Last night, we became temporary foster parents for a sick old dog from the Animal Park called Salvador.  His owner was one of the dray wagon fellows who dumped it when he found that the dog was ill.  The poor thing has tumors near its genitalia that need chemotherapy.  Salvador is a tiny white dog, smaller than our NeNe, and needs protection from the other dogs and the cool nights at the Park.  I am not sure how long he will be with us....  They are looking for donations for the chemo (only about $14 USD here and probably needs minimum 4 treatments).  I will never be a fan of chemo but it does work for dogs.  I will be one of the helpers.

I walked our usual 3 dogs this morning and then did another tour to find the Gym.  I went inside the Centro Commercial where Alejandro had told me they might be moving.  They were definitely not there...   I decided to ask the neighbour across the street because she goes to the Gym occasionally.  Imagine my surprise when she told me that they were now 1.5 blocks west from us, in the huge party house on the edge of town with the swimming pool, at a corner where I walk my dogs around 4:45am every day.....  (They still open at 5am..)

I stopped in and talked with Alejandro while viewing the new set-up, all open, under roofs and eaves only.  I imagine we will be cleaning the machines from dust before each use...  He is actually renting this house which has been for sale forever..  I had always been interested in seeing inside after walking by countless early-morning parties with noisy guests.   I can't see Alejandro and his wife being those types of people.  

He is going to give me credit for all the days missed because I was not informed.  The Centro Commercial wanted way too much money he said (I could have told him that would be the case!).  He said that he stopped at my house and knocked but was mystified that there was no response from the dogs.  I told him he must have been at the wrong one..  He said, "White, 2-storey"??  I said "No, white, 1-storey".  Mystery solved.

At 1pm we had a masseuse come in to give me a massage, probably years overdue.  Doris is very experienced and strong.  I hope the pain was worth it.  I always wondered why they asked if we had Tylenol after...  She really worked on my hands, arms, shoulders, neck and back.  She found pressure points in my hands and shoulders that were incredibly painful.   Then she literally crawled across the back of me with strong palms and knees a few times and did some hard stretches.  I was almost shaky when she left (I only had 1 beer, and so did she) but I needed to crash for 2 hours once she was done.  Right now I am still slightly woozy and sore in the arms but don't want to take any pills.  We'll see how I feel by bedtime....

I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.

Al

******

© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 

If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.

NOTE that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.

 

Tiny Salvador needs help

He is not a youngster

The girls want to help

He has tumors inside as well

Saffron Finch

Time to build a new feeder?

New hibiscus

The watcher

Doris is tough

I am still sore