Tuesday, April 20, 2021

Tuesday April 20, 2021 PriceSmart

SUBSCRIBING ON THE RIGHT  stops in July ??   >>>>>>>>>>

To be safe, PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.

Please see more of my artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/

******

Tuesday April 20, 2021

We walked the dogs, went to the Gym, did chores, had a short nap and got ready to go out after eating a quick lunch of steak and potatoes.

I tried to reach David unsuccessfully but I did talk to Alex who confirmed that he had indeed gone to PriceSmart in Cali and obtained David's supplies.  I had already opened my mouth about maybe going so Cristina then insisted on the road trip anyway, just to get out....

The trip there was very nice and we were OK until we tried to find PriceSmart only to find that our bloody Movistar service was not providing us with Internet, so no Google Maps or Waze available....  We probably drove by it 3 times as we circled round and round.  When we did stop at a gas station to ask where it was, the man pointed ahead of us to the huge sign, which I was expecting on the other side of the road because I was so turned around.

Of course we found extra things to buy, including a hot air popcorn popper again...  This one better work....  We spent 590,400 pesos or just over $162 USD, plus about $30 in travel expenses.  I got smoked sausages and cheeses, microwave popcorn, a huge jug of Ranch dressing, and more...  Cristina got her creature comforts as well.

I did manage to phone David from the store to be certain that he didn't need anything more.

I asked at the main desk upstairs, and at the Pay'n'Go desk downstairs, about the gift that was supposed to be waiting for me from our trip last August during Customer appreciation week...  That was when we spent over 1,000,000 pesos and got a can of tuna and ONE roll of toilet paper as a Thank You!  I complained and got a response that a nice prize would be awaiting me on my next visit.  All I got were blank stares in both places, so the decision was immediately made by me that I will no longer darken their doors.

Then we took a wrong turn on the way out and ended up miles in the wrong direction again.  Half our day was spent being lost.  Again we had to ask for directions because Movistar was not providing Internet.   GRRRRRRRRRRRR  Have I ever mentioned how much I hate Movistar???!!!

We had heavy rain for most of the trip back and dragged it behind us to Andalucia.  We got inside and reached Killer in the backyard before the deluge hit here.

The dogs are so darn happy to see us when we return from a day out.  Other than the immediate din, we are happy to be back home.

Photos 1,2,5,6 were taken through the moving car window, one-handed of course.  Not bad....

I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.

Al

******

© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 

If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.

NOTE that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.


Beautiful day for a drive

Love the scenic good roads

Just before Pereira in the mountains

One of the few places that actually has a lookout

Coming back ahead of the rain near dusk

Sugar cane fields can use the coming moisture