Wednesday, December 9, 2020

Wednesday December 9, 2020

SUBSCRIBING ON THE RIGHT  is schizophrenic again… ??   >>>>>>>>>>

To be safe, PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.

Please see more of my artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/

******

Wednesday December 9, 2020

Yesterday we went Christmas shopping for nieces and nephews and I didn't last long following Cristina.  I can't think of anything more boring and tiring than following a woman looking at clothes.  We agreed to meet at the car parkade at 12:30pm and I went wandering on my own.  Downtown was closing down at 1pm because it is a holiday here.

We went to La Herradura mall and the place was jammed with people and we couldn't get a meal anywhere in under 25 minutes so we left.

Next we went to LA14 where she continued her shopping and we had very late lunch at Subway there.

We then came back and went straight to the Animal Park where they were serving a fruit and corn drink they mysteriously call "shampoo" as a fundraiser.  I gave them a fairly large donation to use for animals over Christmas.

Lorena's young daughter was having her First Communion but nobody let us know where, or what time, so I could take photos...  Lorena was to come to meet us at the Animal Park but she never came.

Then at 5pm we ran to the cemetery to relight all the fake candles and balloons to remain lit until they die.  They should have lasted 2 days easily.

In the evening we heard the Fire Department leading a celebration down our street and I was hoping maybe this would be the Miss Andalucia contestants showing off.  But no, it was just a simple advertising for the Fire Department itself.  I have no doubt that the beauty contest celebrations are cancelled.


This morning, I surprisingly woke up 1/2 hour late so I had to cut our walk a little short.  Charlie was out to meet us as did many of the dogs loose at that hour.  There are too many people and animals out at 5:30am.  That is why we normally walk at 4:45am.

I did my chores, trying to upload 2 artworks per day for a while amidst the interference of intermittent Internet from Movistar.  They got another blast from me for their crummy service.  Grrrrrrrrr

I did garbage and poop patrol, then did some plant pruning.  That always pays off as we have many new rosebuds and a sprawling new bougainvillea.  The plantain trees needed a lot of dying leaves carved away.

The Golden Silk Spiders are immensely fascinating in spite of their quite sloppy webs which get quite enormous.  There is a nearby smaller spider that has a beautiful, tight, intricate web that looked so shiny in the morning light.

Today will be a day of rest and I am looking forward to getting back to Borgen on NetFlix.  This series on Danish politics is really well done for a fictional piece.

Now I just got the news that our niece Natalia, who stayed here 12 days ago likely has Covid-19 with all the bad symptoms.

Cristina has invited Sofia, Lorena's daughter to come for the afternoon in recognition of her First Communion yesterday.

I hope you enjoy the pictures.  I may have figured out the secret to getting them to upload properly...  That was the day’s excitement.

Al

******

© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 

If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.

NOTE that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.

 

Our volunteer Fire Dept.

Their mascot is not a Dalmation.

Handing out candy and leaflets.

This leaflet is now posted in a prominent place.

Our gorgeous rosebuds abound.

Such beauty!

And more coming.

New bougainvillea is thriving.

Saffron Finch very close.

Golden Silk Spider #1

Second one.

They are very complex.

Small spider, neat, tight web.

Intriguing to say the least.

Fascinating creatures.

I'm a RED pepper

Starting off green..

Another Red

Transparent winged bug.