Friday, December 11, 2020

Friday December 11, 2020 Happiness

SUBSCRIBING ON THE RIGHT  is schizophrenic again… ??   >>>>>>>>>>

To be safe, PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.

Please see more of my artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/

******

Friday December 11, 2020

I am so pleased to start off this particular Blog with some tremendous news!   We saw the old black dog, Amigo, back at his old stomping grounds, quashing our horrible feeling that he had departed this world.  I even felt good that he gave us a mild growl as we got a little close to him.  So, seeing both Charlie and Amigo, and the old homeless man in their usual places was really an upper.

This morning was sure busy with the uploading of 2 photos per day and then doing a large Blog for yesterday's trip.    I also needed to correct myself about my photo of a white rhino (which are actually named that because of their wide snouts for eating grass and their double horn) and correctly call it an Albino white rhino, which is all the more reason to think that it came from Pablo Escobar's zoo ranch, Hacienda Napoles.  Upon Pablo's death, most of the exotic animals were farmed out to several zoos, but escaped hippos are in the news for multiplying prolifically in the wild every 2 years.  The public doesn't want them killed but won't spend the money to neuter them (about $72,000 each was the reported figure).

I found that Pablo's ranch has been turned into a public attraction far north of Manizales with many of the remaining animals.  It would be a very long drive to go see this place and there are many videos on YouTube of it.

That also twigged me to a movie originally called "Loving Pablo" starring Javier Bardem and Penelope Cruz, both Academy Award winners.  However the 4.2 rating indicates that most people didn't like it... but, of course I will have to see it for myself.

The Golden Silk Spiders continue to fascinate me as the big mama has a baby in her web and the other has relocated to a spot where he might get moved again.  I won't tolerate sticky webs in areas where we, or guests, may walk.
I hope to finish off the 3rd season of Borgen tonight.  I am hooked.

I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.

Al

******

© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 

If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.

NOTE that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.