Tuesday, December 29, 2020

Monday December 28, 2020 Igor

SUBSCRIBING ON THE RIGHT  is schizophrenic again… ??   >>>>>>>>>>

To be safe, PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.

Please see more of my artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/

******

Monday December 28, 2020

3 times today, again, we had no water for about 3 hours or more each time.  This is getting really tiresome.

It was refereshing to see Charlie and Amigo on our walk this morning.  Our homeless old man is not in his usual place and we haven't seen Negro in a long time.  We hope that both are doing well, wherever they are.

Most of the day was spent resting up for my journey to the airport today to pick up Igor Djokovic, a Serbian friend of David's and Wolf's who lives now in Thailand.  He had been in the USA until the colder weather hit, went to the Dominican Republic but got bored with it quickly and caught flights via Bogota to Cali to come and visit.

We had exchanged photos on WhatsApp of our respective clothing for the day and he kept us abreast of the success of his journey.  I picked up Wolf's son-in-law, Alex, in Tulua and we zoomed to Cali Airport, arriving at 5:20pm.  Alex was checking the arrivals, expected to be 5:45 and said that a Bogota flight was not expected until 6pm, so we had some Dunkin' Donuts specials with jam because we were not allowed to enter the airport.

I was happily munching a second donut when this man appeared in front of me at 5:30 and I did a double-take, because he couldn't possibly be here yet...  But yes, it was Igor himself, travelling light with 2 changes of clothes, camera and a jacket.  My neon turquoise golf shirt was easy to spot for him.

We had a nice trip back and then spent an hour at David's getting to know each other better.  David is palnning to quarantine Igor on the second floor for a week, delivering his meals as far as the landing only.  David will stay on the main floor.  In communications with Igor, I can see that quarantine will not sit weel with him for long so he is already looking for a way to get tested.  I told him that he will need to check with Alex to see if it is possible, and where.

Igor's plans are fluid, so I have invited him to spend a couple of days with us as well and we can go on photography outings up north as suggested by Cristina to places like Finlandia and Salento.  I am not sure how well he would cope with our 11 dogs but I am sure he would welcome the diversion.

I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.

Al

******

© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 

If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.

NOTE that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.

 

Domestic flight area of Cali airport

Igor with Alex

Igor with Alex 2

Visiting with David

Quarantine won't be fun for Igor