Thursday, December 3, 2020

Thursday December 3, 2020 Papayas

SUBSCRIBING ON THE RIGHT  is schizophrenic again… ??   >>>>>>>>>>

To be safe, PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.

Please see more of my artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/

******

Thursday December 3, 2020

We got our walk with the dogs this morning and, again, no moon visible...  Was I seeing another eclipse?  We didn't see Charlie, but we did see the homeless old man in his usual spot which was a relief.  We also saw Negro who is not looking well at all and he shunned us, so he is a concern.

Around 6:30am we got another good dump of rain after evidence of a small overnight rain as well.  The plants and "grass" are loving it.  The grass is due for a haircut Saturday, very early so we can have the clippings at the curb for the garbage pickup.

At 7:30 I went back to bed for a few hours.  Then I got up and tended to the papaya trees we have growing just off the patio.  Several had gotten wrecked when Killer decided to rumble in there and munch on a few.  Since then, we have had makeshift barriers with our shovels and rake, etc to keep him out.  Today I took the posts from our old lanterns and a couple of broken plastic fences, and one metal, and fashioned a new barrier.  Then I trimmed all the lower branches that jut out into our space.  There is evidence of fruit buds already and that has Cristina very excited to be seeing papayas so quickly.

I had leftover steak and potatoes for lunch, did a few more chores then headed back for another couple of hours in bed.  The fact is that Nene has taken to sleeping next to me for the last few nights so I don't sleep well, always worried that I may roll on him.  Then, he has vivid dreams where his little legs shoot out and his nails stab me.  It is tough to get a decent sleep under those conditions but we love our puppies and we are fortunate to be able to nap when we can.

It appears that Google has made some very welcome improvements to Blogger after our complaints as today's uploads were perfect and the captions easy to do!  As I have always said, "If you don't ask, you don't get".

I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.

Al

******

© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 

If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.

NOTE that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.

 

Our trimmed papaya trees

Golden Silk Spider

GSS

GSS

Saffron Finch

Gorgeous rose

Rosebud coming

Bougainvillea