Wednesday, December 2, 2020

Wednesday December 2, 2020 Chiquitita

SUBSCRIBING ON THE RIGHT  is schizophrenic again… ??   >>>>>>>>>>

To be safe, PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.

Please see more of my artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/

******

Wednesday December 2, 2020

It was a wise thing for me to do poop patrol last evening because I figured time would be short on me in the morning since we had plans.  The heavens opened at 6am and didn't quit until almost noon.  The lake in our back yard is back.  Bring your swim trunks.

At 8am we went to pick up Chiquitita (remember the little black puppy we rescued from death's door that I called "Little Shit") to take her to be sterilized.  She was all over me, just like before..  Gosh I love that little dog.  Photos with the Lumix are not great.

Then we stopped at a very old man's place who has 4 dogs and one needing sterilization as well, but he had heard something that scared him and he changed his mind for now.  So, off we went to vet John Faber Rojas's place and left Chiquitita with his assistant because John had not yet arrived.

Next we parked downtown and walked in the rain to Traki, a dollar-store of sorts, to get small imitation candles to be put all around Christian's grave on Dec 7 for whatever feast they are celebrating.  There are lanterns everywhere on that date.

We walked by this "Tripa" joint and Cristina has a craving for those so she ordered a meal.  Tripas , in Mexican cuisine (known as chitterlings in English-speaking countries), are the small intestines of farm animals that have been cleaned, boiled and grilled and filled with condiments such as cilantro, chopped onions, meats (I think livers, etc) and chile sauce . 

I just  hold my nose and hope for her to eat as quickly as normal..

Then we went to Olympica for dog food, and, even though there were tons of cars, forcing us to park in the parkade across the street, the crowd was small at the meat counter and Cristina was second in line.  Gotta love when the odd thing works out better than expected.  The line-ups at the checkouts were crazy though, and even though we went to the Express, under 6 items lane, the idiot ahead of us had a cart heaping of bags of vegetables.  The ignorance of such people makes my blood boil, and the checkout people let it happen.

Coming home in the sunshine I was now hungry and we went by the fried chicken place but nothing would be ready for 15 minutes...  Grrrr  I went home and cooked up some steak.

A photographer from Vancouver Island posted an artwork on FAA titled "Who Has Seen The Wind" and I posted a link to the book by W.O. Mitchell.  He started corresponding with me and I sent him the story and photos of when I was transportation coordinator for the Lions Telethon in Edmonton in 1989.  I had to arrange the taxis and limos for the likes Glen Campbell, Debbie Boone, W.O. Mitchell, Elke Sommer, George Fox, and more.

I was tasked also to pick up Bill Mitchell at the airport and take him to his hotel (using my own car) and we got to talking.  He was born in Weyburn and knew Radville (and our hockey team) very well.  He also lived in Regina and the Mission district of Calgary so we were very close to each other many times during our lives to that point.  When he began talking I thought at first that I was listening to the the prattling of an old man and then realized just what an incredible memory he had.  We stopped for a bite to eat and yakked some more.  He said that the man who was to accompany him to the Citadel Theatre that night to see Neil Simon's "Biloxi Blues" had wimped out, so would I join him for the evening..??  Even though the next few days would be incredibly long and crazy, the evening was open so I accepted and we had a grand old time together.

It was sad that Bill was yanked from the Telethon for referring to guys that beat women as "bastards".  I worked 30 hours in one stretch and so I look like I have been dragged through a knothole in these photos:


We went back in the evening to retrieve Chiquitita at the vet's and deliver her back home.  I asked John when we could go on a scenic photography trip again (hoping for sometime this month) and he said the end of January works for him as they will be renovating the clinic end of December.

I also floated the idea of giving him my Canon equipment because I hate seeing it sitting in a closet, only a backup for the Nikon....  He could pass down the Sony kit to his oldest son.  I appreciate John because he truly enjoys taking photos and he is thrilled with the quality he gets from the Sony.  I hope the Canon is not a letdown.

I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.

Al

******

© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 

If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.

NOTE that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.

Start

 

Our lake is back...

Soggy Golden Silk Spider web

Rosebud opened

Bent-over old dog owner

Chiquitita

She loves me like I love her

My "little shit"

He did not want his puppy to come today

Tripa joint is a real dive

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Fin