Thursday, December 24, 2020

Thursday December 24, 2020 Xmas Eve

SUBSCRIBING ON THE RIGHT  is schizophrenic again… ??   >>>>>>>>>>

To be safe, PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.

Please see more of my artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/

******

Thursday December 24, 2020

Last night I gave the plants a good watering because we are not getting any of the forecasted rain.  It is a bit of a cloudy day today (31.2C in the house) and they are still wet, so it will do some good.

Our small gift to you this Christmas, please enjoy the photos of the roses and spiders as most of you enjoy windstorms, snowstorms, etc.  I found a second Golden Silk Spider web on this end of the plantain trees after I almost walked into it.  That is a no-no, so he will have to learn to build up, not down....

David's friend, Igor, the world-traveling photographer that I correspond with, has been to the USA, Dominican Replublic, and is now coming this way to visit David, Wolf and myself.  I was asked to go retrieve him from the airport in Cali and I readily agreed.  Wolf's son-in-law, Alex, will accompany me.   In trying to ascertain exact dates, times, etc, Igor sent me his ticket saying that he was coming in 4 days but the ticket said Wednesday, so I was panicking that I had somehow missed him.  It said Wednesday the 27th, and I thought "hold on, the 27th can't possibly be on a Wednesday if Xmas Day (25th) is on a Friday...."  Then, to my horror, I saw that the date was indeed Wednesday the 27th, but JANUARY 2021.....  I hurriedly contacted Igor and he unabashedly admitted that he had made a bad reservation, was immensely thankful that I had spotted that, and so he had it changed to New Year's Eve afternoon..  Whew!  All is in order now.

We took Zorra to the vet for another injection and were surprised to find out that Cristina had won a Xmas raffle at Huellas.  It was a big basket with booze, snacks, dog crackers and more.  She is quite lucky with raffles.  I hope she wins the car from LA14 too.

We dropped off Zorra, and continued with Turi to the cemetery to update the live blue flowers.  Turi is such a good dog, always close and not needing a leash in such a setting.

Then we made a stop at Gilma's complex to deliver the Xmas gifts of clothing to the grand-nephews, Alejandro and Jose David.  When buying the gifts Cristina refused to get them toys that they enjoy for one night and then forget..  Clothing lasts longer and is an appreciated gift here.  The boys have a new black puppy they call Toby that they just love.  Toby is a typical puppy, wanting to bite and chew on everything and he was also enamored with our beautiful Turi, lol.

We then stopped at Sazon de Isabel to pick up lunch to go.  It has been a long time since we splurged on one of their huge excellent meals.  The pork cutlet meal, with soup, drink, etc was 12,000 pesos ($3.42 USD) and it easily fed both of us with small treats for the dogs.  This was our expensive Christmas meal and one of the main reasons that we live here.  Our pension cheque goes way further here.

Other than that, we expect there will be visits from friends today and tomorrow, but nothing of any consequence in celebrating for us here.

Merry Christmas to all, and stay safe.


I hope you enjoy the pictures.  Blogger insists on making my life miserable by killing uploads (13 tries) then insisting that they will only upload backwards........   Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr   Sorry....   That was the day’s excitement.

Al

******

© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 

If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.

NOTE that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.




Our fancy Xmas meal

Buying meal at Sazon de Isabel

Toby was enamored with our Turi

Clothing gifts for the boys

The boys are happy

Alejandro

Jose David

Visiting Gilma and her great-grandkids

Updated the flowers for Christian

Turi came to help out and gave a rare smile

My beautiful Turi!

My wife, the lucky winner

Golden Silk spider 1

GSS 2

GSS 2

GSS 2

GSS 2

Rosebud 3

Rosedbud 2

Rose beauty

3 stages of roses