Thursday, December 17, 2020

Thursday December 17, 2020 La Paila

SUBSCRIBING ON THE RIGHT  is schizophrenic again… ??   >>>>>>>>>>

To be safe, PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.

Please see more of my artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/

******

Thursday December 17, 2020

The church bells ring at 5am now.  I pity those folks who live near the church and want to sleep.

Cristina got a call about a "reunion" (meeting) of former cleaning employees at Colombina, the candy giant.  The meeting was to be in the central park of La Paila, the nearest town to the Colombina factory, past El Uribe and the toll booth, of course.  I was expecting a bit of a party and maybe some drinks, but it was just a small group of people who needed to sign a document or petition.  It appears the staff are still chasing Colombina for severance or pensions.  This has been going on for years.

Cristina lived in La Paila for a year when working at the candy factory.  I commented that it seemed like a nice, quiet town with a preponderance of tall, black women.  She said the place is not quiet, as they play rhumba music all day and night, so that is not for me.

We stopped at 2 drug stores and 3 veterinarians to try to find medicines for Zorra's incontinence recommend by John Faber Rojas.  No luck.  We will have to try Tulua next.

My car wash guy is not around so I had to investigate the place in the block to the north.  They want a little more but I will give them a try.  It is still a bargain.  

Aram was walking by as we returned and he said the new structure next door to us contains a swimming pool, hence the noisy people and the music.  I guess that I am meant to live in a more solitary location.  I hate noisy neighbours.

I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.

Al

******

© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 

If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.

NOTE that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.

 

Golden Silk Spider near the plantain trees

They don't make neat webs, do they?

Gorgeous white rose opening

Peach rose is struggling

Baby Golden Silk Spider at the edge of the patio

The big meeting

I love these huge shade trees

Somebody likes the town

The tin man is in Colombia..

The central park