Tuesday, February 25, 2020

Tuesday February 25, 2020 Upward


SUBSCRIBING ON THE RIGHT  IS working again… ??   >>>>>>>>>>
To be safe, PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.
Please see more of my artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/
******
Tuesday February 25, 2020
Yesterday I thought that Luz wanted to leave here at 8am to catch the bus back to Cuenca.  We left the house at 8:30 and went to the money exchange place where she bought more pesos.... not a good sign.  Then we had to walk blocks to exchange a pair of runners (she didn't like the color..).  Then it was window shopping and trying to find a cute Totto backpack for a little girl.  Nothing was cute enough.
We finally got her off on the bus after a quick brunch and we picked up more livers for dog food at Olympica.  Then we did a stop at Dollar City to pick up mostly snacks.  We got home after noon and I slept almost all afternoon.  Then we had some cleansing, cooling rain in the evening... Aaaahhhhhhh...

This morning I took Aram, Liliana and Yireh to catch a 12-hour bus ride to Bogota.  This makes absolutely zero sense to me when they could have taken a 1 hour flight for the same or less money.  Liliana, in her infinite wisdom, decided that they would enjoy seeing the countryside and towns along the way...  They are going to renew the girls' passports while Aram is hoping they can somehow do his Visa screening interview while they are there.  The embassy had yet to to call so we hope that a little coaxing might work.  Their facilitator has been of little help.
On the way back home I saw a backup of traffic that I could not avoid and shuddered.  Luckily it was only a short ways.  A bus seemed to be intentionally leaning into a steep ditch and ahead of it was a small car with the left rear completely destroyed.  I think it is obvious that the idiot in the car tried to merge in front of a faster-moving bus..  They already had another bus in front for the passengers to transfer to.  Sorry I didn't get a shot of the car..
Cristina hired the mother of a young man who helps at the Animal Park to come and clean the house, scrub the walls and more.  She worked from 8am to 4:30pm, and we bought her lunch.  The house looks a lot cleaner again.
Oh, and the water was shut off at 8am and is supposed to stay off until 8pm!!  We sure appreciate that roof tank for saving our sanity and I think it is almost drained.
I spent some time downloading some eBooks in PDF format.  It is a pain to have to read off the computer but at least my chair is comfortable.
Then it was nap time again before I had to clean up to go for the Orthodontist consultation.  He was nice and even spoke a little French.  No charge for the consultation.  He sent us to Tulua for x-rays ($5) but was sure that I had no problems (good news), and that even the broken crown is not worth replacing, it will continue to do the job like it has for the past 2 months.  So, Friday I will go back to show him the clean x-rays and have a better cleaning job than the EPS cutie gave me for under $25.
Coming in and out of the man-door in our garage door slider I noticed that the door seemed to be getting stiffer to open every time so I decided to oil the hinges.  I opened and closed it many times to let the oil drip down and even opened it as wide as it would go.  Mistake!  Somehow the bottom hinge decided to break so now the door won't close at all, meaning I can't open the garage door enough to get the car out.  We can get Chappy in and out so I rode Chappy over to the aluminum door experts across from the Huellas vet.  The guy assured me that they could fix it tomorrow, but he couldn't give me a definitive time.
In 2 weeks I will be doing my final packing to head to Canada.  Hopefully no CoronaVirus scares will cause me problems.
I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.
Al
******
© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 
If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.
NOTE that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.


That is a sugar-cane hauler to my left

We have to merge 2 lanes to thefar left

That bus looks close to tipping....

All passengers moving to another bus

Cielo (Sky) cleaning our place

The hinge I have maligned

There shouldn't be this big gap

The screws have gone inside.. drat..